Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:49 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 6:49 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
He played game 6, now BEN is back for game 9! Can he get another nice result? The wins have been very steady in this series even when they've threatened not to be... and some of that comes from the way The Configurator delivers those player powers, Banker powers, offer patterns, and money menus.

1-4 for each option to start, and then we'll see just how this one shapes up!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:56 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

3 for all the options, followed by boxes 1, 3, 5, 7 and 11 to start, please.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

All the 3s for game 3*3...

Game #9 configuration
Take Control | I'll Finish This | Kytlerian | Risk/Reward

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

That gives you the now-familiar 5-5-3-3-2-2-1-1 pattern (fifth time in nine games!), plus the ability to counter one Banker offer and an offer button that again puts you in charge of offering to him rather than vice versa. The money menu is TRIPLE/DOUBLE/HALF/QUARTER/NOTHING, and it's the Banker who decides if you buy it or not!

Board is standard:

1p
10p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£25
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
£15,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£75,000
£100,000
£150,000
£250,000

You have Box 20 so we go straight into the odds!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:03 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

And here we go then with round one... GAME ON!

Box 1 - £150,000! Bonus big number gone. Regular UK right side now.

Box 3 - £15,000 is a little shaky...

Box 5 - £1,000 less so, but can we have two blues?

Box 7 - £250 is one...

Box 11 - £500 is two!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:05 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

Should be a fun battle here with this twist/player combination. The Banker's excited about it at least, and is reassured by that opening big hit!

1p
10p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£25
£50
£100
£750

£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£75,000
£100,000
£250,000

Opening offer? "I can, so I will."

BANKER'S OFFER

£8,001

Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:09 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

Not particularly liking the Banker deciding whether or not Box 23 is bought, but other than that a great game set-up.

NO DEAL and let's continue with 13, 15, 17, 21 and 22, please.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:13 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

It is of course 25 in this 24-box version. To be fair, I need reminding of this sometimes. :)

Box 13 - £750 polishes off the bottom left! Keep the bottom right looking different to that, and you're in business.

Box 15 - £3,000 continues that squeezed middle!

Box 17 - £100,000! Already down to one six-figure sum...

Box 21 - £75,000! Yikes, is this already a one-box game?

Box 22 -
£50,000! Apparently it is.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

"Well this should be fun, shouldn't it?" the Banker sneers.

1p
10p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£25
£50
£100

£5,000
£10,000
£20,000
£35,000
£250,000

BANKER'S OFFER

£5,000

Not even the extra pound. Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:28 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

Geez. Oh well, I'll just have to chase the £250,000 at least to 6 box, then.

NO DEAL and let's continue with 18, 16 and 14, please.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

That's a statement there!

Box 18 - 50p! Peanuts at last!

Box 16 - £25! This could be quite the time for an all-blue...

Box 14 - £5! There it is!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

Bit less fun for him now, I imagine. Remember, you have another three-box round, then two two-box rounds, but you also have an offer button to make a counter-offer with, plus the ability to counter one of the Banker's offers.

1p
10p
£1
£10
£50
£100

£5,000
£10,000
£20,000
£35,000
£250,000

Enough fear for the Banker to go to...

BANKER'S OFFER

£9,500

...more than £9,001 at least. Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:07 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

With a more safe business end of the game in terms of box openings, I definitely think it's worth another punt. NO DEAL, and let's continue with 12, 10 and 8.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

IF the top prize is there in that business end, things will be very tricky indeed for the Banker... and we want to see that!

Box 12 - £1! One step closer.

Box 10 - £50! You really have apparently caught fire when you need it... but you need to survive this one too...

Box 8 -
£10! WHERE DID THIS BOARD COME FROM?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:27 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

WOW. :shock:

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:30 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

Well it's really less fun for him now.

1p
10p
£100

£5,000
£10,000
£20,000
£35,000
£250,000

Suddenly a 5-3 positive split with the jackpot. This is not the game the Banker was preparing for two rounds ago.

BANKER'S OFFER

£18,501

An extra £9,001 on top of the last offer! Remember, two boxes to open in these next two rounds, but a button for your own offer still out there... Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:43 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

Tricky decision, but if I can keep a good chunk of the back-ups one more round I'll be in an excellent position going into the endgame.

NO DEAL, open 23 and 24.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

You said you'd need to play to 6-box, you clearly thought about changing that plan in the new circumstances... but here we are, ploughing onto 6-box indeed with this MASSIVE pair of openings.

Box 23 -
£20,000. NOT the jackpot. Not what we wanted, but not the jackpot...

Box 24 -
1p!! WHAT a game THIS has turned into!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

This is where we're at now. Did we EVER imagine we'd be here?

10p
£100

£5,000
£10,000
£35,000
£250,000

Last offer went up £9,001... THIS offer...

BANKER'S OFFER

£23,001.50 + ASUS ZENBOOK

...goes up exactly half that, but ALSO adds in a prize - the Asus ZenBook 14 laptop with Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB RAM, and the revolutionary ScreenPad! It's £1,299.99 courtesy of John Lewis & Partners and would be quite separate from Box 25, whether the cash would actually go through it or not...

...still your counter-offer, and the special offer button to break up this two-box round... Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:59 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 4.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

I was thinking 30k plus and I'd walk with this board. This isn't close enough.

NO DEAL and open 6, please.

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]