Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:36 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 10:36 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:31 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
:smt047

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:10 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

I just realized that no one in England does that. Oopsie.

:smt100

(Seriously, though, what's so hard about adding a period at the end of abbreviations?)

willrelf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:21 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

I do it Mark, but only after things like Dr. and St.; not Mr and Mrs and the like. :p

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:43 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

I guess that's better than nothing. I'm a magazine editor, and I'm a stickler for things like that because we use the Canadian Press (CP) Style Guide for our work.

Another thing that bothers me is people who cry over rubbish TV shows. Suddenly, Facebook is full of posts from people saying they used up 16 boxes of Kleenex crying over the death of a major character or something like that.

It's just a TV show, people. Get over it.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:34 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Scamming telemarketers still annoy me to no end (still not happy with the way my rant about on here in January 2013 was completely homogenised, sanitized and politically corrected with the warning I received for my over-reaction).

But I have absolutely had it out with these pests, when I'm at dad's, I swear they call at least three times a day, and I am at the point now where I don't say anything as soon as I hear the voice and I just hang up

But sometimes when you hang up on them, they can call back moments later and can be absolutely filthy with you, and might say "Don't hang up on me, I was trying to talk to you!" with the filthiest tone in their voice, like they're offended and saying "I cannot believe you hung up on me! How dare you!" :roll:

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:57 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Grooveshark is gone. Today is the day the music finally died.

Greed 1, Art 0.

:(

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:48 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

daniel123 on 25 February wrote:
I'm drifting into drug use, dependency on alcohol, financial capitulation and eventual ruin, but to be honest, I am Captain Smith at the bridge of my life's Titanic and I have written myself off completely now, so I'm just passively accepting that.

Steady on, old boy. What if I told you that by mid-May...

1. The strongest non-prescribed stuff you'd be taking is paracetamol, and you're on some medication that really seems to get you in an even place where you can start trying to help yourself...

2. The same night you wrote that message would be the last drink you'd had...

3. You'd have recouped a large portion of the money you lost in the first two months of the year...

4. You don't actually end up ruining yourself at all, but rather set upon a path of healing, self-discovery and eventual recovery?

I hope you all realise that being able to write this message tonight, even as someone whose speciality is coming back from things, exceeds even my wildest dreams. And I have had some wild dreams.

:P

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:28 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

This whole country has put the downers on me.

Another five years of the Tories continuing to spread our legs and further power-rodding cock up our @rse.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:09 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Mm. I'm not all that happy with the way things are really, but they're up for paying my rent while I still can't work like a hamster again yet, -

But then, what of the healthcare I require in order to get me back to hamster-working capacity? Dave doesn't care a jot. Dave cares about Dave and Dave's family and friends, and Dave's dogs and Dave's neighbour's stray cats who eat in Dave's back garden on a Wednesday evening.

I'd much prefer it if we stopped spoon-feeding ourselves 'lesser of two evils' tosh - because that's what it is - and started realising that with a few exceptions, all these people in their suits and ties, do they do it for you, for us? Good God, no. What are we, two days old?

I don't know. Anyhow. Anxiety can *beep* off as well, while it's at it. Let me be calm again, for *beep*'s sake.

Other than that, I'm not sure I really have much to contribute here tonight... :suspect: :smt023

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:09 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

However - I am very glad you're still alive, psycho. :D

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:34 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

psychokiller wrote:
This whole country has put the downers on me.

Another five years of the Tories continuing to spread our legs and further power-rodding cock up our @rse.

Hey watch it mate! :shock: :P I can see this getting homogenised, sanitised and politically corrected to death

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:15 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

People who have a few too many and then ralf all over the place. It's sometimes a problem on the subway here in Toronto. I feel bad for the poor saps who have to clean it up when the train reaches one of the terminal stations.

The solution? Don't drink yourself silly. There are ways to avoid doing that, y'know.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:11 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

It's funny. I had a fair few pints back in August if I remember one evening - but suffered no ill-effect whatsoever. Yeah, getting on and off the ferry was a bit interesting, but I was up at 10am on the dot next morning, perfectly fine, skipadeedooda. Or however you say that.

Tonight, however, I'm shaking as if I have Parkinson's (literally - that's not a matter I'd take in jest). Considering I play snooker tomorrow afternoon, we'll see how that pans out... :ponder:

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:10 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Oh, the result - I...well actually I can't remember. Checking my spreadsheet (I think I lost) - I won 42-25 (one frame). Nice. I mean not the recall, the score. The recall is still worse than Edgar Allan Poe trying his hand at stand-up comedy. :ponder:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:40 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Alex Jones. The man can believe what he wants to believe, but either way, HE IS NOT A GOOD ROLE MODEL AT ALL, and I cannot believe the amount of gullible people on here who seem to look up to him as their god and saviour - He's the reason people on the internet have become obsessed with all these weird conspiracy theories and why the annoying 'radical evangelism' has become a thing on the internet (which in turn is why idiots online, especially on YouTube comments, are always in-fighting over their theories, religious and political views etc. now) :roll:

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:35 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Well...I'm with you on Alex Jones - he's a bit too extreme for my liking, but then, he is what's known as a 'shill' anyway. He doesn't believe half of it.

Questioning the status quo? Our absolute obligation. Under no circumstance should we refrain from asking questions and investigating things for ourselves. The system's corrupt, yeah, because every single system in the world is corrupt - at the highest level at least. Does that mean we must sit and accept that? Goodness, no!

It is not even the intentions and actions of those at the top which frighten me most about this charade, but the pandering and unconditional compliance of the masses, and their paltry attacks on those of us who stand apart from the crowd. They're firing daffodils from those rifles, and they know it.

But here's the trick: the daffodil achieves more than a rifle ever will!

That wasn't personally at you by the way, squire... :P

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:32 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

daniel123 wrote:
Well...I'm with you on Alex Jones - he's a bit too extreme for my liking, but then, he is what's known as a 'shill' anyway. He doesn't believe half of it.

Questioning the status quo? Our absolute obligation. Under no circumstance should we refrain from asking questions and investigating things for ourselves. The system's corrupt, yeah, because every single system in the world is corrupt - at the highest level at least. Does that mean we must sit and accept that? Goodness, no!

It is not even the intentions and actions of those at the top which frighten me most about this charade, but the pandering and unconditional compliance of the masses, and their paltry attacks on those of us who stand apart from the crowd. They're firing daffodils from those rifles, and they know it.

But here's the trick: the daffodil achieves more than a rifle ever will!

That wasn't personally at you by the way, squire... :P

I’m just really sick and tired of all these crazy god-fearers and conspiracy theorists on places like YouTube and Facebook trying to challenge mainstream media to bring about some dark, grim hidden truths behind everything, and then starting their stupid evangelist preaching and ranting about how we’re all brainwashed, gullible sheep for not believing what they believe

I have nothing against religion, but some these weird Christian people (in particular, groups like the Westboro Baptist Church and the Conspiracy Theorist movement on the internet) who consider themselves superior to everyone because of their beleifs and like to brag about how they know the ‘truth’ behind everything, really do my head in. Rant over :roll:

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:26 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Yeah, fair enough...again, I'm wholeheartedly with you on the Westboro Baptist Church. We've all the freedom of expression, but not the freedom to force our views on everyone else...

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:52 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

I'll jump in again with another thing - celebrities using people as accessories, as if they were the latest purse or shoes. Observe what Miley Cyrus is doing with Tyler Ford here: https://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/post/121 ... th-agender

She is literally flaunting this other person, who has never really been in the public eye, as if they are an accessory. I wonder which idiotic PR person told her to do that. I bet that after this photo-op, the two of them will likely never be seen with each other again.

The article I linked to above also brings forth another thing that's been bothering me lately - the fact that Hollywood has turned gender issues into some sort of fad. Every other day, you hear stories about some famous person making inane or vapid comments about gender issues or something to that effect. It's becoming sickening.

That brings me to something else - the whole Caitlyn Jenner fiasco. Never in my life have I seen someone who was so desperate for attention. Makes sense, though; back when Caitlyn was known as Bruce Jenner, Bruce did hang around with the Kardashians, who I think are not only attention-depraved, but are complete wastes of people. Seems that Bruce / Caitlyn graduated at the top of the class at the Kardashian School of Media Whoring. It's complete rubbish, I tell you.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:14 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Student Finance! Officially "completed" my application for next session but I have no idea whether it's been sent or not yet!

[ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]