Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:21 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:21 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:27 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

Warnings: 0
Announcer: "From Hollywood, it's the game of puzzles and prizes, Concentra-"

What the hell? That's not what this is. Can someone please fire that announcer?

This ain't Concentration, but the way things work around here, a picture puzzle could show up at some point. Trust me, folks, it's relevant.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal!

I'm Mark David, and this is the game that proves that money can really make you think. Make the right decisions, and you could leave here with a lot of money. But if you don't, you'll fail the Idiotest.

Here to engage in a mental chess match with the Banker is Ben "American Coupon Boy" Rodriguez! He's an accountant by day, and a serial Deal or No Deal commentator and stats expert by later day.

Welcome to our little dog and pony show, Ben. Let's get you acquainted with our game board, because there have been some changes since our pilot episode.

£1
£2
£5
£10
£25
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

What?
----------
£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
Capital One
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£75,000
£100,000
£250,000

£550,000

Right off the bat, you'll notice that reds and blues have been replaced with purples and greens. Why? Because we're different around here. You'll also notice a bizarre orange £550,000 amount on the board. That's our progressive Smart Money Jackpot, which starts at £500,000 and goes up by £50,000 every time it's not won. It wasn't won in our first game, hence the additional £50,000.

The Mystery X amount has been renamed What? just to make it more interesting, as Mystery X is a pretty boring name.

You'll also notice that the £10,000 space has been converted into a Capital One space. No need to explain what that's about, as you probably know about it by now. In addition to Capital One, there will be some other bonuses and assorted wackiness along the way.

We also have a new box-opening structure. You'll now open four boxes in the first two rounds, and three in all other rounds. Speaking of boxes, the Random.org randomizer has assigned you Box 16.

Now that you're in the know, it's on with the show. First, please choose a number from 1 to 10 for the What? amount, and then give me your first four box selections. Good luck :smt023!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:02 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

I'll choose 9 as the What? amount.

I'll open boxes 1, 3, 5, and 7 to start, please.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:38 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

Okay. I’ll set aside envelope number 9 for What?. We’ll find out how much it’s worth later on.

Right now, it’s juice and jam time.

[1] - £25
[3] - £3,000
[5] - £5
[7] - £20,000

A half-and-half kind of round. Not too bad.

Now it’s time for you to predict your first offer to win the use of the Offer Button. Same rules as on the TV version, only with one minor change. If you’re lucky enough to get the offer exactly right, you’ll win a £2,000 bonus, in addition to the button.

We'll get Ben’s prediction after the break. Stay tuned.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:12 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

This may be a bit high, but we are dealing with a stable £500,000 board here.

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£22,000

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:24 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

Welcome back to the show. Before the break, Ben gave us a prediction of £22,000 for the opening offer.

The actual offer is...

BANKER'S OFFER

£21,000

You're on the higher end of the range, but it's good enough. The Offer Button is yours; use it wisely.

The Banker adds that if the Smart Money Jackpot is still in play at the end of the next round, you'll get to do something special.

Now for the question. Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:46 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

Thanks Mr. Banker, but NO DEAL.

11, 13, and 15, please.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:50 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

Someone likes their odd numbers. However, under our new format, you're responsible for opening four boxes in the next round.

We'll open the three you mentioned, but we also need one more.

Before you do that, here's a look at the What? amounts.

£3
£75
£150
£300
£8,000
£17,000
£26,000
£60,000
£110,000
£200,000

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:01 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

I'll choose 17 as my 4th box.

Also, I'm going to treat What? as a second £35,000 box (as it's about 75% of the average value of it and I'm factoring in utility). :smt023

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:15 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

I'm not sure I understand the logic behind that, but it is your game, after all. Maybe an explanation would work.

Round 2 action coming at you right now.

[11] - £50,000
[13] - £10
[15] - What? - Your so-called second £35,000 box was worth £60,000 today :(.
[17] - £1

Another split round, but the SMJ remains in play, which means it's time to introduce yet another new twist to the game.

You now get to play a randomly-selected mini-game to add some bonus cash to your total. Successfully completing it will add £5,000 to your winnings, but if you fail, the Banker will subtract that amount from your next offer.

Your mini-game today is Crossword Clues. You'll be given five crossword puzzle-style clues, and the number of letters in the word. To help you, each answer will start with the same letter, which in this case is O. Here is your first one.

Clue #1: A cry from a sty (4 letters).

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:38 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

OINK

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:45 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

Hey, this isn't your game, Archie. Get outta here!

We'll throw that clue out and replace it with this one.

That's too much (9 letters)!

Davao

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:49 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

A nice mini game there. I think in the UK version take 23 and OB away and replace it with a mini game get it right and you win £1,000.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:53 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

I'm terrible at cross-word clues, so I'll REFUSE to play the game to spare myself of the head-ache it will cause. :smt023

Besides, I won't need a £5,000 bonus when I take you for six figures, Banker. Bring on the offer.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:05 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

All right, then. The word we were looking for was OVERDRAFT.

The Banker wonders how someone who possesses such an analytical mind is unable to understand crossword clues. He reminds you that the last person who tried to get six figures out of a game was punished for that accordingly.

BANKER'S OFFER

£27,000

Back to three boxes per round if you decline this offer. Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:21 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

Simple to explain. I was slightly below average in English but I excelled in Math to compensate for that. :smt023

Anyway, the board still has a LOT of potential at the moment, so NO DEAL. 20, 21, and 22, please.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:37 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

I was the reverse of you back in the day. Excellent in English - I ended up with a Journalism degree - and God-awful in Math. Makes me glad my dad's an accountant.

Anyway, let's get to those three boxes.

[20] - £50
[21] - £100,000
[22] - £500

One of the three six-figure amounts is gone, but you still have the SMJ and the quarter-mill available.

BANKER'S OFFER

£31,000

Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:10 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

£31,000 isn't anywhere near enough to shift me from the (hypothetical ;) ) chair with the Top 2 in play, so NO DEAL.

Boxes 18, 14, and 12, please.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:23 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

Okay, Mr. £50,000+ Targetist. The decision is yours, and yours alone.

On y va pour trois boites.

[18] - £35,000
[14] - Capital One - You know what that means. Ten grand in your hand :D!
[12] - £550,000 - And there goes the Smart Money Jackpot :(. Next time, it will be worth £600,000.

Well, you've got the Capital One bonus guaranteed now, but the board has taken a major hit. The Banker is having himself a laugh. "What was that about you winning six figures?" he asks.

BANKER'S OFFER

£15,500 + A cheesy nibble

Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:26 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

A still have a good shot at winning six figures and some good back-ups, so NO DEAL. :smt023

Boxes 10, 8, and 6, please. Also, can you please post the board after this round?

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:36 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Idiotest: The All-New Deal or No Deal - Episode 2

Sure thing, bud :smt023.

[10] - £750
[8] - £1,000
[6] - £100

That was a much better round. Here's the board.

£2
£250

----------
£5,000
£75,000
£250,000

And the offer is...

BANKER'S OFFER

£27,500

Deal or No Deal?

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]