Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:04 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 8:04 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:49 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: My makeshift DOND board game from 2006

Warnings: 0
In May of 2006, I, with the help of my parents for supplying the material, created a Deal or No Deal game that could be played at home. I didn't use 22 identical sealed boxes, but 22 identical matchboxes. Unsealed.

I wrote the numbers. The handwriting has improved little in the 10 years since.

Somebody else wrote the game board values, evidently. Missing here is the made-to-fit white card that was used to mount the value cards.

The matchboxes contain two inserts of the box value. The handwritten and crayon shaded values were the originals whilst the more proper looking inserts were created a few months later... but never saw active use as the game was never played again once I'd finished updating the value displays! The source of the 'official' looking value cards was the actual, official, shop bought board game that had been released in August '06. I spent a long, boring afternoon scanning the inserts onto the computer, before re-sizing and printing them to fit the inside of the matchboxes. All the effort and all for nothing!

Another innovation which I don't remember using in active play was the creation of the three 'LTL Blue boxes'. These value cards were created in excel spreadsheet once I'd learnt what font was used for the values in the real TV show. Eurostile, la'. I presumably didn't use the official board game style values because there wouldn't have been a '£2,000' insert.

Curiously, I found that Box 3 of the 'LTLs' contained peanuts. Perhaps I was saving them for later.

To complete, here are the show's wildly contrasting bottom and top prizes. The 1p box here...

... the £250,000 box here. The original handwritten value must have become unusable, hence its replacement with a Word document typed value.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:23 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: My makeshift DOND board game from 2006

That's a great idea PK. You could make your own fan series with this! :-D

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:21 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: My makeshift DOND board game from 2006

All the effort and all for Tinypic to fold.

Bah, guess it's something we'll never see

thundercat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:27 am    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: My makeshift DOND board game from 2006

It's a pity the picture links are broken. This is something I would have done 14 years ago.

[ 4 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]