Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:54 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 2:54 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Power5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:33 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Things we haven't seen yet (in gameplay terms)

Warnings: 0
We've had nearly 500 shows now, and seen every amount on the board won at least once, as well as many different ones in between! But what, in terms of gameplay, have we not seen yet? (Talking in terms of realistic things, not 1 in 100 year events like the all-power 5 finish etc...) Here's a few I've thought of:

- A no deal on a final pair of £250k/blue or £100k/blue - closest was Laura (£250k/£3k), Swappy Barbara (£100k/£1k) and Lynne, Simone, Thanh (£75k/blue).
- A contestant turning down £30,000+ and winning a blue - Kirsty's £26,062 is the highest, breaking Simone's long-standing record. Khanny turned down £48,000 and would have won a blue had he not swapped at the end!
- 1p/10p final pair (either active play or proveout)
- A contestant swapping away the £250,000 box
- A first or second offer deal
- A three-box round of £250k, £100k and £75k

Any others that people can think of?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:44 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

A couple of final two box possibilities, apart from that I think you got em all!

Oh yeah...no offer dealt at lower than £20.00, and no offer made in game play over £125,000 (Kirsty (1))

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:16 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Some have an all-power 5 last pair in active play and get an OPW out of it! :)

Also someone have the opposite of 75k Kirsty's last 3 - 1p/10p/50p (but I suppose we need to get the 1p/10p last pair first)!

An offer to 8 signficant figures (for instance, Claudine could have been offered £107,031.31)! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:24 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:

Good one! Never thought of that one!

I got another one

With the Boxing Day 2006 matinee coming closest, no-one has actually been offered peanuts yetas a Banker's Offer!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Paul500

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:59 pm    Author: Paul500    Post subject:

someone tyaking all the bottom or top five in Round 1.

someone finding each amount in order (closest was Paul taking top off board in R1)

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:22 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

We haven't seen an offer consisting of an item instead of money - such as a car. We've had swaps and combined offers, such as trips to Paris and dinners for two, but I don't think there have been offers consisting soley of an item such as that.

Last edited by h2005 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:57 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
We haven't seen an offer consisting of an item instead of money - such as a car. We've had swaps and combined offers, such as trips to Paris and dinners for two, but I don't think there have been offers consisting soley of an item such as that.

Does Jane's offer of pretzels and ducks count as items?

Ah! Got ya there! ;) But I know where you're coming from, things like a kiss, romantic dinner for two, footstool, the best one so far...

Good Luck! (PJ's game)

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:52 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Big-Davey wrote:
h2005 wrote:

Does Jane's offer of pretzels and ducks count as items?

Ah! Got ya there! ;) But I know where you're coming from, things like a kiss, romantic dinner for two, footstool, the best one so far...

Good Luck! (PJ's game)

It was Sarah, actually - but they were all part of monetary offers (with the exception of PJ's good luck offer, I suppose, but that wasn't a material item).

Last edited by h2005 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:18 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Uhuh - and goodness knows why I said Jane when I did know it was Sarah!

Oh well - yeah, the Good Luck offer is the only exception so far but it means nothing in terms of items!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:34 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

We've had a swap-no-cash offer at every single point now haven't we? (Triple-Swap Craig for the second and third, Ned at eight-box, VENTRESS at five-box, PJ at two-box - or am I wrong in some of those?)

I can't believe nobody's said this one - an all-blue squashdown! We're well overdue one of those, I make it a 1 in 161.5 chance and by implication I make it a 1 in 19.7 chance of going 480 games without one - three more games and we're over the 5% significance mark!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:36 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

KP wrote:
We've had a swap-no-cash offer at every single point now haven't we? (Triple-Swap Craig for the second and third, Ned at eight-box, VENTRESS at five-box, PJ at two-box - or am I wrong in some of those?)

That's right!

It's a bit of a general thing but we haven't seen any really good end-game swaps. We've had a couple of atrocious ones but the best has just been Valerie's 10p for £10,000.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:53 am    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Also nobody's swapped for a Power 5 at the end if they've no-dealt the last offer. The highest box swapped for at the end is £15k with Bearded Gary and...er....Julia. :)

I'd like to see a swap at the end as good as Barbara's was bad, for sure!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:02 am    Author: KP    Post subject:

And with late-game offers plumbing fast towards 'hey, open your box!' levels, the conditions may exist for one soon, but I can only speak in guessing terms, I've not heard any spoilers! And of course the opportunity may not be taken...

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:03 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

Has there ever been a 1p/£250k finish? If there has been, out of interest, what was the offer?

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:10 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

CrazyChair wrote:
Has there ever been a 1p/£250k finish? If there has been, out of interest, what was the offer?

It hasn't happened in active play, but Debbie who played last June had it after dealing previously. The offer given was £60,000.

wokoman88

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:16 am    Author: wokoman88    Post subject:

Someone having the £250k box and dealing for four figures and a third offer deal with the contestant having £250k.

Games I have seen Recorded:32 (of which 30 have been televised)
Next game to spot me: September 9th 2012

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:

Good point about nobody ever selling the £250k at the third offer!

One that's just about conceivable - the first offer being the highest and every subsequent offer being lower! Closest we got was Giorgio's game where the fifth offer was higher than the fourth and third - if £35k had gone in round 5 instead of £1k he'd have pulled it off!

little_monster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:58 pm    Author: little_monster    Post subject:

Last edited by little_monster on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:05 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

little_monster wrote:
James1978 wrote:

Never noticed that one! The only players to get an all power 5 final pair in active play are:

Kirsty - Won £75,000
Lance - Won £87,000
Doug - Won £75,000

i it's interesting that more than that havenn't got to such a situation. Quite a few players have made over cautious deals and denied themselves that, Steve, Paul A , Bindya, Betty, Belinda etc.

little_monster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:45 pm    Author: little_monster    Post subject:

These players could have had an active play power 5 final two:

Liz
Paul A
Phil
Bindya
Betty
James (2)
Dave (2)
Belinda
Sandra (1)
Steve (2)
Lance
Mark P
Lee (1)
Patrick (3)
Kelsie
Sara
Donna (3)
Leanne
Gaz (3)

18/21 dealt too early!

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]