Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 9:26 am Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 9:26 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next

clareclw1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:42 am    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Warnings: 0
...and not forgetting winning the not to be sniffed at sum of £6500!!!!

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:49 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

David/h2005's game is now available on YouTube to watch in full.

Also uploaded is 10 a minute highlight video featuring some of the best moments from the game. Well hopefully people agree they're the best moments, it was hard to fit all the best moments in a space of just 10 minutes.

And finally there's a playlist featuring not only the above videos, but of all David's highlights whilst he was on the wings. Including all of David's box openings and banter with Noel.

Phew :lol:

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:56 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

NOTE: The following post has rather pointless value.

I presume now (as I have suspected before) that the fact he got to keep box 4, and that a select few others have also got to keep their boxes, that they use more than one set of 22 red boxes in a recording day - perhaps they use 3, given the quick turnaround after shows. I know this was the case with the xmas shows I saw last year because the boxes changed from green and red to all red for the 2nd show, but is it always the case? It really is a matter I need to investigate further... :ponder:

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:11 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

They probably have spare boxes and numbers just in case something like this happens.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:13 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)
Administrator & Global Moderator

I'm surprised they haven't run out of boxes, seeing as though they gave away 2 in the space of 10 shows (one to me and one to Alice). :lol:

c2vct

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:31 am    Author: c2vct    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Well done David - very entertaining show.

Bob Loblaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:50 am    Author: Bob Loblaw    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

I really enjoyed that game - congratulations David on the £6500. Thought you were very funny as well, especially the banter with Noel.

Noel seemed even more bonkers than usual during this game! :D

DoNDFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:10 am    Author: DoNDFan    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

h2005 wrote:
I'm surprised they haven't run out of boxes, seeing as though they gave away 2 in the space of 10 shows (one to me and one to Alice). :lol:

David, first off, fantastic job! I hope you enjoy your 6,500.

I wanted to ask you about the box. This may be an unusual question, but how does the box "feel"? :D

If I ever got onto our version of the show here in the United States, I would totally take home my case!

Maud

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:32 am    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Well... Maud is only now watching the show.

I LOVED the start, it seems like H and Noel have a connection, Noel likes him and it doesnt happen too much I find.

OOoh is the new guy a Chelsea Pensioner???

Right where do I know Will from??? Seriously I have seen him on tv before I'm sure.

ROFL @ the war dance... I thought I was still asleep and having a surreal dream then.

Oooh the Banker is grassing H up haha. Ok I for one do not need to know about Noels working bits sdgthju

Oooh that Stephen is not a guy to be messed with... I wouldnt wanna be the one to have 250k in HIS game thats for sure :lol:

Hahahaha poor ol Noel all dressed up, tho I would have done the same and had a nosey through the little doors.

OMG he is haggling with the Banker rofl

I have decided I rather fancy the fella that snogged H... is his name Chris???

Awwwwww you WON woooo... and you got a box out of it.... EVEN BETTER.

Well to sum it up H you had a brilliantly entertaining show and played a bloody good game of dond while keeping your nerve, I loved it.

Oh btw... what happened to that young spikey haired annoying poster who used to worry about fitting in??? Methinks he has matured and become a man since we first knew him.

Cazzie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:50 am    Author: Cazzie    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Watched the show again last night, laughed out loud all over again. Fave bits are:

David asking Noel if he's alright when Noel get's over-excited about the system!

Noel telling David to take his hand out of his pockets (Did I spot David on a couple of occasions go to put them back in his pockets only to remember at the last second that Noel will probably tell him off!?) :P

The whole "no glasses, no rheumatism and everything in working order"

David negotiating with the banker after asking him if he's drunk!

Going to Chris for advice and Chris saying he's confused!

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!

Such a shame the forums crashed as you lose the spontaneity of the thread but can't be helped. You're just too damn popular H!! :P

"Take your hands out of your pockets!" Noel to David 23/03/09...
Do as I say not as I do obviously Noel! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you... Are you drunk?"
David to The Banker 23/03/09

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:01 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Yes Maud, the one H kissed was called Chris.

travis P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:21 am    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

StatsMan wrote:
No doubt he is highly contributory to the show's success - he shows great dedication to the format and great energy after nearly 1,000 shows (or 1,096 presuming he's completed today's schedule :shock: ). I couldn't imagine anyone else hosting this show for so long, and let's hope he continues long enough for other forum members to get on the show! :lol:

Only one other person have hosted over 1,000 shows on the Deal or No Deal format. That man is Andrew O'Keefe on the Australian version. They hit the milestone last September and to celebrate all the crew down there had a private party with video messages from other hosts around the world congratulating them, inluding one Mr. Edmonds.

The way Endemol West are churning out the shows for Channel 4 (6 shows a week for 48 weeks a year) it won't be long before little Noelie becomes the most hosted Deal or No Deal presenter in the world.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:03 am    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

I watched the show again last night as I was kept rather busy during the actual show :P

Like a few have said already, you can see that both Noel and David have a lot of respect for each other and it really comes across well, and allowed you both to have that great banter and neither of you take offence about any of it. It all came across so natural it was like a couple of mates chatting and having a bit of fun :D

I don't know where to start with all the great moments in the show as there were so many and they have all been covered by everyone else. Do you now walk around constantly taking your hands out of your pockets after Noel pulled you up on it? :P There were a couple of times after that you can see that you go to put your hands in your pocket and then realise that Noel will have another go at you and promptly take them out again :lol:

How great is it as well that they gave you another gift of your username in the Banker's official seal which allows for a superb avatar :P Another first for anyone :D

Well done on your show H, you've provided a lot of entertainment for so many viewers and even converted a few sceptics back into enjoying the show again :D

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:15 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

I've also made the news section on the official site, and there's a brief video on the Channel 4 DOND site

:lol:

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:19 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Here's some more pointless information. The Editor for my show (as seen in the credits) - Cas Casey - has worked on the editing team for a number of other well-known programmes including Spooks, Shameless and The X Factor...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1271440/

He also gets a mention in this article from July 2006 - http://tvbeurope.com/pdfs/TVBE_download ... P32-34.pdf

Apparently his real first name is Richard. :lol: There seem to be quite a few Richards in the DOND crew...

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:03 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Well that was just brilliant. One of the best shows ever and definitely one of my favourites.

There were so many brilliant moments during that game. I laughed more than I have at a game for a while. But it was obvious that there was respect between you and Noel and that made the banter so much better. I mean, not many contestants have thrown bananas around and asked for a war dance before have they. I also thought the H2005 offer was just pure genius as well as the references to posts.

Well done on the £6,500 (and box) mate. You made the right decision with very good reasoning. I'll remember this game for a very long time.

chrisjoyce87

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:29 pm    Author: chrisjoyce87    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Hi David,

watched your game yesterday. It was really good , i would have personally dealt same time too. Enjoy the £6,500 , loved the first offer that was good! Roll on show 1000, i will remember this game for a while! Did you do a interview , will they upload that on the offical DOND youtube channel?

garylq

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:40 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

A great show, I enjoyed it big-time, and I know I would have done even if I had never been a member of this forum. H's whole run has been amazing, what a great time to get on the show. I hope H is in the audience for show 1000.

Very wise thinking at 5-box, and congratulations on winning your box H, what an awesome gesture from The Banker.

PS I demand the other pic that was mentioned a few pages back!

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:01 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Yesterday's show epitomised everything I like about Deal Or No Deal.

Given the mileage that we got out of the forums yesterday, as well as David credit
should go to Kestral for setting the website up in the first place, without which
we wouldn't have had a number of the gags yesterday! :D

Danny_ boy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:50 pm    Author: Danny_ boy    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Hi David,

As a relative new comer to DOND - the programme and your forum I'd just like to say what an entertaining 45 mins TV it was after I got home from work yesterday. Entertaining and so different from the run of the mill quiz shows that seem to dominate our screens. The exchanges between you and Noel really made the show and he obviously has a lot of respect for you. He is brilliant as the host although I remember him being just as good when he did Swap show (quite a few years ago).
[/color]

[ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]