Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 7:21 am Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 7:21 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:05 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Warnings: 0
Even with the 30 minutes of forum downtime during David's game, this thread is already in the top 10 in terms of replies.

wkd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Well I'm over my disappointment of missing the commentary live yesterday! Hopefully normal service resumed today.

David obviously knew what he was doing so it was the right deal for him. At around 60% of the mean I'd have have gone on and no doubt crashed to a blue. By the by I'm not keen on the philosophy of taking a fairly poor offer on the grounds that the next one won't be any better. I like Doreen's style - dismiss the poor offers contemptously and better ones arrive. Unfortunately as David's lifetime's consideration of DoND is publicly available via this forum he didn't really have the opportunity to bluff the banker.

Cracking game and a well deserved £6500.

Solitaire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:44 pm    Author: Solitaire    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Great game, hadn't laughed so much for ages, made today's seem a little bland :smt009

75KLynne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:55 pm    Author: 75KLynne    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Well done, David. I really enjoyed the show and was so glad to see you weren't nervous and you enjoyed every minute of it. Didn't get to post yesterday as we were away but I managed to catch the show. I insisted we took the television with us on our travels.
Great show. Great fun. And so glad you now know what Noel is really like. Enjoy your money.

garylq

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:02 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

The March show of the month poll will be interesting with H going up against a £250K winner. :ponder:

dond_rules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:07 pm    Author: dond_rules    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

David many congratulations on your £6,500 win!

Your such a honest gentleman and I really lovely person it was a pleasure actually getting to meet you on the way to your Deal Or No Deal experience back at the audition process don't forget Group 2! :)

I hope you continue to contribute to this great site..

All the best for the future and let's hope we can have contestant
Number 2 from DOND.CO.UK in the not too distant future :smt023

clareclw1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:09 am    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Well David, we finally got to see you strut your stuff on Deal or No Deal! And what a show it was!

From the minute you reacted to your name being called by Noel, I had a constant smile on my face! It was great to see you having lots of banter and fun with Noel, and it was extremely clear that Noel had as much respect for you as you have for him, and he was a good sport with your jokes about his age and your taking the mickey out of the noises he was making etc! :-D

You genuinely looked as if you were thoroughly enjoying yourself there and there wasn't even a hint of nerves!!! You were in your element and your lovely personality really shone through for the whole show!

In my opinion, this was the best game we've seen on here for a while, and it was much needed! Even though you didn't win a massive sum, the money paled into insignificance somewhat as you proved that the show is about great contestants, not just the gambling/winning aspect we so often come to see/expect and talk about.

I've got to know you very well since our once in a lilfetime experience and I felt proud of you! You were 100% yourself, and I will vouch for that. The wicked side of you that I love so much was there throughout and you created a game that will be remembered I'm sure!

You are a smashing guy with a great personality and a huge heart, and I am proud to be your friend!!!!
Thanks for a great entertaining game and I'm so glad you fulfilled your dream!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

croftrock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:10 am    Author: croftrock    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

I thought this game was a credit to David, this site, and to Dond.

I thought David was funny, smart and played a great game. I loved the fact that the Banker has enough respect for this site and its fans to make the screen name offer that relatively few viewers would know. I actually found the fact that he found the quote about wanting and box and so giving him one genuinely touching.

A thoroughly good guy on a thoroughly good show made by thoroughly good people. Hoorah all round.

clareclw1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:22 am    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

croftrock wrote:
I thought this game was a credit to David, this site, and to Dond.

I thought David was funny, smart and played a great game. I loved the fact that the Banker has enough respect for this site and its fans to make the screen name offer that relatively few viewers would know. I actually found the fact that he found the quote about wanting and box and so giving him one genuinely touching.

A thoroughly good guy on a thoroughly good show made by thoroughly good people. Hoorah all round.

I concur! I forgot to mention in my post above that I thought the Banker giving you the box showed a huge amount of respect for you David; compare with Keiron today and the cufflinks...he didnt get them did he?! I also know how much David treasures the momento, and I think the Banker and the team at DOND realised too and that's why they gave it!! A lovely gesture! xx

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:27 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)
Administrator & Global Moderator

Yes, it was indeed a lovely gesture, especially coming from a man as "mean" as the banker. :laughing

garylq wrote:
garylq: PS I demand the other pic that was mentioned a few pages back!

The pics of said box are available in my fan club thread here - viewtopic.php?p=563078#p563078

P.S. In reply to croftrock's excellent post above - I find it quite ironic that I ended up to be on the wings for probably the most controversial Banker's Gambles ever. That'll only mean something to those who remember the discussion croftrock and I had when the BG was first introduced 18 months ago. :laughing

rhona123

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:37 am    Author: rhona123    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

I havent been able to catch DOND much recently but I made an effort to watch it on Virgin's demand service when I read about it on here.

Well done David, fabulous show, one of the best I have ever seen!!!!!!!

AdamABC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:43 am    Author: AdamABC    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

well done David!!!!!!!

brilliant show :D :-D :-D :D :) :-D

mallard2007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:51 am    Author: mallard2007    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

yes, I can only echo what others have already posted. well done David, you provided a fabulous show, a great 45 mins worth of entertainment and i'll really miss you from the wings.

Dirk's a legend, i loved the way you got him to do the war dance like that, and i could tell you and noel and had awesome amount of respect for each other.

never seen a game like this one, and doubt severely i'll see another one like it, a true gem in the histroy of deal! :-D WELL DONE DAVID!!!!!! :banana:

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:10 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)
Administrator & Global Moderator

kanga wrote:
Did David damage his box when he crashed into the table?

There are a couple of slight scuff marks at the front which I think were due to me dropping it as I arrived at the table. :oops:

danavir7 wrote:
Have you got any tips or advice for me to get on the show? How did u get on the show? reply back plz. danny

I got on it by applying using their online system on the official website, although I think applications are closed now. As for tips and advice on getting on - all I'll say is "Be yourself and most importantly, make sure you're 'transparent'". :shock:

Skyline wrote:
You need to preserve these bananas! Or, eat them! :P

I did eat one of them actually, very nice it was too.

chrisjoyce87 wrote:
Did you do a interview , will they upload that on the offical DOND youtube channel?

Keep an eye on their Youtube channel. And on an entirely unrelated note, I feel the urge to remind people of how it's been noted that they tend to put clips & interviews on their site exactly one month after the airing of the game. :suspect:

jellygirl123

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:56 am    Author: jellygirl123    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

thought that was one wicked show!!
Get in there David!! :lol:

emily469

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:08 am    Author: emily469    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

aww david was so sweet, I'm so glad he got a good sum of money out of what was a very entertaining show overal. Well done David! :-D

moorhen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:21 am    Author: moorhen    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Congratulations on a fabulous show, David. Enjoyed every minute! :D

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:47 am    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

fab game...most enjoyable 'cheeky dave' ;)

my motto is ''if ya dont ask, then ya dont get"
well done DAI
:D :smt023

CharlieDOND

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:37 pm    Author: CharlieDOND    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

yes absolutely fabulous David, the badgers are pleased for you, so am I lol x

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:38 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

CharlieDOND wrote:
yes absolutely fabulous David, the badgers are pleased for you, so am I lol x

:ponder: :suspect:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

[ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]