Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:25 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:25 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:32 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
You need to adjust it for your own profile. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17460

Joey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:09 pm    Author: Joey    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

David, did you ever think that you might be the one to play show 1000?

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:49 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Joey wrote:

No, as it would've been my 37th show! Some of my fellow contestants did think I might break the 30 shows barrier and end up doing 31 shows so I would've played in the first of the specials leading up to show 1,000 though, which I thought may have been a possibility once I'd already done about 26 shows! In fact, one contestant thought I may well end up doing the full 37 shows and playing on the 1,000th show but I severely doubted it. Another contestant thought that would never happen though, as it'd look a bit manufactured that the "#1 fan" was playing on a milestone show.

Part of me thought that would've been nice to play in one of the specials, but a larger part of me thought it would've been a bit overwhelming playing my game dressed in a suit with a red carpet, Noel in a gold jacket, everyone else looking smart, ex-contestants in the audience and so on. I suspect I'd have played on show 990 (which is where Maureen actually played) if I hadn't fallen ill though, so I was never going to make it to the show 1,000 specials realistically!

Did any of you "lot" think I might play in the specials, or even show 1,000 itself then?!

PerilousPierre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:21 am    Author: PerilousPierre    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

h2005 wrote:
Joey wrote:

No, as it would've been my 37th show! Some of my fellow contestants did think I might break the 30 shows barrier and end up doing 31 shows so I would've played in the first of the specials leading up to show 1,000 though, which I thought may have been a possibility once I'd already done about 26 shows! In fact, one contestant thought I may well end up doing the full 37 shows and playing on the 1,000th show but I severely doubted it. Another contestant thought that would never happen though, as it'd look a bit manufactured that the "#1 fan" was playing on a milestone show.

Part of me thought that would've been nice to play in one of the specials, but a larger part of me thought it would've been a bit overwhelming playing my game dressed in a suit with a red carpet, Noel in a gold jacket, everyone else looking smart, ex-contestants in the audience and so on. I suspect I'd have played on show 990 (which is where Maureen actually played) if I hadn't fallen ill though, so I was never going to make it to the show 1,000 specials realistically!

Did any of you "lot" think I might play in the specials, or even show 1,000 itself then?!

No, for the reasons you have given. I do wonder if the choice of contestant is entirely random, though, since the family appear at the appropriate moment. They must know in advance. Also, in the case of Joe, he must have been accellerated for some reason. Do you know if there is any picking by lottery at all or is that just for dramatic effect on the day?

Pierre

What is the statistical probability of any specific game following statistical probability?

Joey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:17 am    Author: Joey    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

The choice of contestant isn't made by random selection, otherwise we would have had quite a few people play on their first show by now!

The only people who don't know who's playing are the contestants and the audience, along with any friends and family.

bb67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:34 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

I love how this thread is still up here. :laughing :D

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:35 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Well, it's even higher now. :lol:

bb67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:37 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

:-D

collydolly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:40 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

PerilousPierre wrote:
h2005 wrote:
Joey wrote:

No, for the reasons you have given. I do wonder if the choice of contestant is entirely random, though, since the family appear at the appropriate moment. They must know in advance. Also, in the case of Joe, he must have been accellerated for some reason. Do you know if there is any picking by lottery at all or is that just for dramatic effect on the day?

Pierre

As far as I understand the producers select the three people who are to play that day.

Also I have been there when the player has said that their family were due to come the following day as they had thought that was when they were likely to play :cry:

I think Joe only stayed a short while as it is very hard work, standing or sitting, and all the rushing around in between for someone of his age :D

At least he didn't have to get changed three times in the day and that is probably why he was there at the time he was imo.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:46 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)
International Forums Moderator

I think also they played him deliberately before the Christmas taping break.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

collydolly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:50 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

KP wrote:
I think also they played him deliberately before the Christmas taping break.

Yes thanks KP I had forgotten that :D

[ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]