Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:54 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:54 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next

Scottish Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:45 pm    Author: Scottish Fan    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Warnings: 0
Great show David, one of the most entertaining for a while.

£6500 is a great result considering it was never going to be a mega-money game.

I'm sure you will have added hundreds of other DOND fans to the forum as well. Well done!

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:47 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Hugely entertaining game, yet intensely nerve-wracking to watch throughout - the board was really in the balance in the latter half. There was some great banter with Noel, and Dirk's 'war dance' (or whatever it was) was hysterical, Noel's face was a picture! Lots of great moments, it was a good comedy game.

Nice to hear a few links to the site through the offers, and I think David's fan status helped him to secure a decent offer at 5-box (albeit lower than David said!), as the banker knew he couldn't give him anything too derisory. It was a sensible deal, and one I'd have definitely taken as well.

Enjoy the £6,500, David! :D

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Last edited by StatsMan on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LizzyLou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:47 pm    Author: LizzyLou    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Well done H, really pleased for you! :D

thundercat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:48 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

What does the banker sound like then? Noels impressions arent really that distinctive imo :P

Boater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:50 pm    Author: Boater    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Congratulations on an exceptionally entertaining game - the best I've seen. Your family will be very proud of you - particularly Henry when you show him a recording of the game...

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:53 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Yay! Welldone David! Very memorable and entertaining game from start to finish. I loved how the Banker offered you yourself and the references to your posts and the dance and the bananas and the "Are you drunk?" quote and everything else! It's was very surreal!

Your game will be remembered for a long time to come and your contributions have definately enhanced the show. Your dedication to the show and this site is amazing! Keep up the good work! :D

dond.co.uk FTW!

Power5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:58 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Well done David - entertaining show and good to see you get some decent money out of it and beat the Banker as well! I knew you were a fairly cautious player from posts on here and the Dealometer etc. a while back, so never expected you to gamble at the really big money but as the game fell apart in the middle like a few have recently I could see it heading for one of those unavoidable blue wins that so many great contestants seem to get - thankfully that didn't happen and the deal proved the right one!

And great to see the forum get a bit of TV exposure, hopefully will boost numbers even if the site wasn't actually mentioned by name! Kestral's turn next perhaps? ;)

Joey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:02 pm    Author: Joey    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Well done David!

Fantastically entertaining show with a decent win!

One things - there were three bananas on the pound table at the end. I assume some editing has gone on, but what was written on the third?

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:13 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)
Administrator & Global Moderator

I thoroughly enjoyed the banter I had with Noel, the banker and the other contestants. I never really intended to do any of that as I thought I'd be too nervous once I got to the chair. However, nerves deserted me (luckily!) and I thought I'd give it a go and put into action some of the things I'd always thought about doing - one of the main things of course was looking through the stuff Noel keeps in the cupboards in the table! That really was furniture polish and it really did smell, by the way...

I think the highlight for me has to be Dirk's war dance. He's such a funny bloke and it was absolutely hilarious that he did that dance in my game. The look on Noel's face afterwards was fabulous too! I've already posted the lyrics to it in his fan club in the Contestants section on here, but I'll re-produce them in this thread too (later on though, as I feel this post is too long already). I had indeed been ill from food poisoning and this was my first show back after that. I don't think anyone was expecting me to play as we thought they'd let me settle in for a show (or two) before actually playing my game!

The banker quoting my posts was an amusing twist, particularly when he told Noel about the "tough filming schedule" post! I felt the offers I got were good overall. I had a look back in the stats, and Penny from 2008 was offered £3,500 on an almost identical board to mine, and another David (also from 2008) was offered just £3,000 on virtually the same board. So I think my 5-box offer of £6,500 was pretty fair, especially as I'd knocked out the highest remaining value (£50k) in the previous round, and the blues were heavily stacked against the reds.

As I said at the time, I didn't think the 2-box offer would be much higher unless I left £20k vs £35k, and I didn't think it was worth chasing that scenario when there was a 60% chance I had a blue in my box. There was a chance of a near-stick if I knocked out one red and 2 blues (which is what happened after I dealt), but I didn't think it was worth risking because of the high chance of an all-blue finish. As I said to Noel, I really did not want to win a blue! The blues can scare you just as much as the large amounts of money can tempt you...

I think I'll post some more later for fear of making people fall asleep if this post gets too long. :eyes: It's already long enough. :oops:

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:23 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Well that was definitely in the top few shows of Season 4, fantastic entertainment - as we know most of the really massive wins never feature loads of wing banter, dances, funny monments with Noel rejecting 2 bananas....but a £6,500 sale of a 50p box is just as great, indeed the banker never bought the box because David kept it! :D

I didn;t think David was going to me a reckless gambler but also wouldn;t walk for a derisory sum, so at least he was actually reading the board when he decided to deal - he's certainly in a small minority there!!

And if that wasn't enough, Clive was doing the 1000th show countdown - same wing position and another classic comedy contestant!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Rockjack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:32 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Well done David..

You throughly deserved your spot on the show ;0

travis P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:34 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

h2005 wrote:
As I said at the time, I didn't think the 2-box offer would be much higher unless I left £20k vs £35k, and I didn't think it was worth chasing that scenario when there was a 60% chance I had a blue in my box. There was a chance of a near-stick if I knocked out one red and 2 blues (which is what happened after I dealt), but I didn't think it was worth risking because of the high chance of an all-blue finish. As I said to Noel, I really did not want to win a blue! The blues can scare you just as much as the large amounts of money can tempt you...

Full applause to you for admitting the possible outcomes as I see the same thing (blue Vs £20K as £4K and blue vs £35K as £5K). With the final two being 50p Vs £20K it was an ideal situation to use the second chance/Banker's Gamble. Being curious, if I was on the phone and decided to use it against your deal (£6,500), would you accept it and open the box?

On another note, I see MisterAl was edited out, can you give details to what actually happened down there?

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:34 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Sounds like a good game, mised it cos I was at work! Tried logging in while I was there but the servers were down...

Hopefully I'll get to watch it later, might skip the intro though, I'd have thrown my box at Noel for calling me a coward...

WELL DONE DAVID!!!! :smt023

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:35 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

If anyone cares, I found the threads that H2005's famous posts that the Banker was refering to were taken from:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15149&p=464232&hilit=60#p464232

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8039&p=266305&hilit=silly+contestants#p266305 - Pot, Kettle, Black :P

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:36 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)
Administrator & Global Moderator

Haha, thanks for the links, Banker. Goodness me, they really have had a good look through the forum haven't they. That second post you linked to was posted 2 years ago. :shock:

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:42 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

h2005 wrote:
Haha, thanks for the links, Banker. Goodness me, they really have had a good look through the forum haven't they. That second post you linked to was posted 2 years ago. :shock:

Ooh they kept the bit you said about Noels gambling attitude quiet, trying to hide it? *cue KP* ...

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

ciderduck

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:46 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Oh my god! I'm just watching this now, the war dance!! Hilarious! Haven't read anything else about the game but its looking a good one, hope it ends as well...and not a banana sandwich. Ahem!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:49 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Brilliant show H, I saw and then thought I should catch up. The show was random in places which made it more enjoyable! I liked the dond.co.uk links and it was all brilliant. The banker offering you yourself was also really funny. I see you collect clocks - I also collect certain items, however it's a bit too embarrassing to post on the forum! Hope you are/ have enjoying/enjoyed the money. Which forum member is next up? 8)

Noel is nearly 60 lmao!! That post you made linked to the show!

And Margaret reminds me of the other Margaret, and that Derik reminds me of Ken...

KP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)
International Forums Moderator

I love how H says WakeyNoel was less obvious in recent weeks... in early March 2007, almost immediately before his worst week ever. Great spot there Tom ;)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:53 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

David, I may be wrong but it looked as though when you sat down at the end of the game you looked up at somebody in the audience? Was there anybody up there you knew...?

[ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]