Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:13 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:13 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:01 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 31/10 - Bill - Spook Squad Halloween Special

Warnings: 0
Brick wrote:
Is that the first time the £75k box has been sold for a profit?

Yes. :D :-D

Pat sold the £100k box for a profit earlier this year, but no one has sold the £75,000 for a profit until today.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:12 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 31/10 - Bill - Spook Squad Halloween Special
Global Moderator

Absolutely fantastic game! :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Davao

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:33 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: 31/10 - Bill - Spook Squad Halloween Special

If Kirsty dealt at 125k then Bill wouldn't be the first!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:08 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 31/10 - Bill - Spook Squad Halloween Special

A few more items of note about Bill's game now that I have access to a computer......................

Bill received the highest set of offers in ages to say the least:
14 box: Highest since Ducali's game last month
11 box: Highest since Lily's game in January (or Alan Carr's game if you count celebrity shows ;) )
8 box: Highest since Ali's game (Mark's favourite game :P ;) ) back in June 2012
5 box: Highest since Esher's game back in October 2012
4 box: HIGHEST EVER (beating Suzzane's £75,000 offer back in May 2011)

Also, Deal-Eye's Benchmark at 4 box was £80,943.98, so it would've gone on when Bill dealt. However, it would've dealt both the 8 box and 5 box offers (Benchmarks were £36,696.37 and £53,987.27, respectively), so Bill crushed the machine. :P

In addition, Bill's £55,000 No Deal was the biggest no deal since Paddy's game, abd the biggest No Deal with a blue still on the board since Nong's game back in August 2012.

Finally, in response to Kall's comments...................

kall4i59 wrote:
A over inflated 2 box offer?

Ordinarily it would be, but considering that Bill would've had to turn £80,000 to get that far and Esher was offered £28,000 in live play under similar circumstances (a 1k/75k finish after she previously turned down £60,000 at 5 box), it is definitely a plausible offer given the path up to it. ;)

kall4i59 wrote:
If Kirsty dealt at 125k then Bill wouldn't be the first!

It would've taken a player like £24k Michael to Deal on that finish, Kall. KP even would've declined it and he literally was terrified of winning the £250,000 at the time due the publicity it could have caused. :eyes: ;)

kall4i59 wrote:
Would you help me bring WWYRD back to this forum at some point

If you mean by participating, then yes. I can host if need be, too, but I'll have to use the quick method of "taping" the game in advance (and making all offers and guarantees prospectively rather than with the benefit if knowing how the game will pan out) due to time constraints.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Davao

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:27 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: 31/10 - Bill - Spook Squad Halloween Special

I think you should host the first edition.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:20 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 31/10 - Bill - Spook Squad Halloween Special

kall4i59 wrote:
I think you should host the first edition.

I'd rather wait to see whether or not anyone will participate. Since it was your idea to resurrect the game, you should host the first edition. :smt023

Davao

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:33 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: 31/10 - Bill - Spook Squad Halloween Special

Ok How do I let everyone know they might not see the thread I post in the games section.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:37 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 31/10 - Bill - Spook Squad Halloween Special

We're already spreading the message here. :P Also, people tend to look at the "post since your last visit" when they view the forum, so if you make things clear in the title you should attract those who are interested.

Davao

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:42 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: 31/10 - Bill - Spook Squad Halloween Special

Ok. I have made a thread in the games section.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:48 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 31/10 - Bill - Spook Squad Halloween Special

Deal or No Deal Theme Week Checklist

Game improved by Box 23 ()
Game destroyed by Box 23 ()
Game destroyed by greed ()
At least one huge crash ()
Someone winning nothing ()
A mega-money win ()

So basically, this week turned out like every other theme week of the Box 23 era.

Congrats to Bill on scoring 80 large. That's a monumental win :smt023.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:32 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 31/10 - Bill - Spook Squad Halloween Special

Dr. Hindsight wrote:

A mega-money win ()

So basically, this week turned out like every other theme week of the Box 23 era.

WRONG. :P :P ;) ;) For starters, Box 23 didn't destroy any game during all of the specials this year. The only people who purchased it and came off worse won so little initially (£10 or less) that it really didn't matter. Also, there were no mega-money wins during the Banker's Birthday specials, with the highest win that week being £13,000. Finally, this is the first theme week of the box 23 era in which someone won absolutely NOTHING.

Playing with statistics is so much more fun than playing with hindsight. :)

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:49 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 31/10 - Bill - Spook Squad Halloween Special

What a game to commemorate the show's 9th birthday. Tough game to play with the button when the board is that strong but Bill played it perfectly (I might have hit it at 6-box due to it being a 50/50 chance that the board would worsen).

If the button has done away with the skill based challenges in theme weeks for good, then it's another positive for it.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:22 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 31/10 - Bill - Spook Squad Halloween Special

Have to say it was one of the better Halloween themed weeks

Players weren't in three layers of makeup and stuffy costumes and the set itself was really good

Twist wise, nice and simple to understand as I thought with the add-ons already in play in normal games it was going to get really complicated

Ryan's game aside, a good week for payouts and holidays handed out

Looking forward to seeing what the Christmas theme games will bring

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:42 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 31/10 - Bill - Spook Squad Halloween Special

American Coupon Boy wrote:
Dr. Hindsight wrote:

A mega-money win ()

WRONG. :P :P ;) ;) For starters, Box 23 didn't destroy any game during all of the specials this year. The only people who purchased it and came off worse won so little initially (£10 or less) that it really didn't matter. Also, there were no mega-money wins during the Banker's Birthday specials, with the highest win that week being £13,000. Finally, this is the first theme week of the box 23 era in which someone won absolutely NOTHING.

Playing with statistics is so much more fun than playing with hindsight. :)

Hindsight is more fun. Statistics are for nerds with nothing better to do.

Get a life, Ben.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:02 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 31/10 - Bill - Spook Squad Halloween Special

American Coupon Boy wrote:
...Also, Deal-Eye's Benchmark at 4 box was £80,943.98, so it would've gone on when Bill dealt. However, it would've dealt both the 8 box and 5 box offers (Benchmarks were £36,696.37 and £53,987.27, respectively), so Bill crushed the machine. :P

Whilst technically Deal-Eye WAS beaten, those figures are nonetheless interesting in highlighting how borderline I feel some of those end decisions were; it's the classic board/utility battle, testing at what stage do the stakes become too high on a board of immense stability?

For a lot of people, understandably £80k is the absolute limit, as although 50% of the remaining finishes at that stage would yield more, it is not much more in the scheme of things, and the other 50% constitutes a disastrous crash, potentially to a blue if the banker lowballs on blue/P5, so a no-brainer really.

Excellent game for the 9th Birthday. I think the banker played it well from 8-box, and so did Bill. A classic battle harking back to the early years of the show! :smt023

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

manred

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:03 am    Author: manred    Post subject: Re: 31/10 - Bill - Spook Squad Halloween Special

fantastic. get in there.

[ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]