Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:29 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:29 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:09 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Carrie

Warnings: 0
Carrie is now on the Hall of Fame for 3 reasons:

1. Biggest amount risked on Box 23

2. Biggest amount lost to Box 23

3. Biggest amount ever lost via a post-game twist

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Davao

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:46 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Carrie

Carrie was a great woman with an amazing attitude. Mark she isn't an idiot, she has more guts than you, so need to say that. She was unlucky AND I'M sure you would be praising her if there was +10,000 or DOUBLE. I think you need to grow up sometimes and I'm sure you would want more people like that. A understandable deal there. after she had a ARR and took it and worked out perfectly. She should be rewarded more, this game is better than the cautious idiots we have had the last few weeks. Carrie well done and enjoy the money. :smt023

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:59 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Carrie

I watched this game through a live streaming service, so I saw the entire debacle unfold from the beginning.

Carrie seemed kind of foolhardy to me. The £35,000 offer was well-pitched, and she failed to realize that. I had an inkling that she might be punished for declining it, and sure enough, I was sort of right.

When she made the somewhat controversial decision to open Box 23, I thought that the house of cards would come crashing down. It seemed like too big of a risk to take, and I truly believed that she'd have lost the entire lot. And wouldn't you know it, she almost did.

I haven't called a contestant an idiot in a long time because none of them really rubbed me that way. But some of the decisions made in late in this game made no sense to me.

Once again, we see that foolhardiness can sometimes destroy games. If you can extract anything positive from this mess, I'd like to hear about it.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:03 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Carrie

Out of curiosity, Mark, what streaming service were you using?

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:06 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Carrie

American Coupon Boy wrote:
Out of curiosity, Mark, what streaming service were you using?

Lately, I've been using FreeTVAll, which actually works quite well. It offers three different streams so that if there is an issue with one, you can seamlessly switch to another.

Here is the link: http://freetvall.com/video/3288bkdbhron/channel-4

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:18 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Carrie

Thanks. :smt023 my-iplayer hasn't been working properly since mid-September. :smt011

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:23 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Carrie

When Carrie said "Deal" to 23 I leapt up and started going "What?" etc, etc. Not to mention I started crossing my fingers hoping for DOUBLE to come up. Shame it just wasn't meant to be.

Also, Carrie is the first non-celebrity contestant to Deal box 23 and to not have the +£10,000 in it (I haven't included James Corden.)

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:23 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Carrie

American Coupon Boy wrote:
Thanks. :smt023 my-iplayer hasn't been working properly since mid-September. :smt011

You're welcome :smt023.

Some of those sites or programs are hit-or-miss. They'll work well for a while, only to randomly crap out later on, which is annoying.

My discovery of FreeTVAll was the result of several trial-and-error experiments. This service seemed to work the best, so I've stuck with it.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:23 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Carrie

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
What an idiot.

:roll:

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:26 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Carrie

mr_northern_guy wrote:
When Carrie said "Deal" to 23 I leapt up and started going "What?" etc, etc. Not to mention I started crossing my fingers hoping for DOUBLE to come up. Shame it just wasn't meant to be.

Also, Carrie is the first non-celebrity contestant to Deal box 23 and to not have the +£10,000 in it (I haven't included James Corden.)

Think you missed something out that last statement (given plenty of players have dealt Box 23 and had nothing or half)

Couldn't criticize decisions any decisions in regular play. A bit shocked about Box 23 deal though.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:47 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Carrie

Simon F wrote:
mr_northern_guy wrote:

Think you missed something out that last statement (given plenty of players have dealt Box 23 and had nothing or half)

Couldn't criticize decisions any decisions in regular play. A bit shocked about Box 23 deal though.

You're right I did - I meant to say the first non-celeb contestant to deal 23 with 5 figures and not to have the +£10,000!

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:59 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 29/01 Carrie

Well, I haven't posted here for a while, but Carrie's game certainly created one of the biggest talking points of the year so far for me! :shock:

It's not often there's an 8-box configuration where turning down £35k is a relatively easy decision for me - just over half the average on a 2-box game at that stage would be a different matter, but having the luxury of the top 4 PLUS £15k back-up? Count me in.

An unfortunate sequence of boxes follows, and I think it was trickier to opt out at 5-box than it initially appeared - always difficult I feel when you have entered the "Power zone" with the offers and *can* still recover to that stage, or lose the rest of it in the space of 3 boxes. There's a psychology there that's somehow hard to resist, so good courage to cut her losses in my view.

Obviously, Box 23 would've been a monumental step too far for me... BUT it remains within the realms of mathematical rationality, so I'm not going to throw a "Kerry-Anne" hissy fit over it. It's a reminder that this show can still create some astonishing moments, and I thank Carrie for leaving a lot of us feeling rather gobsmacked...! :smt023

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]