Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:11 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:11 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:33 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Warnings: 0
The sweeps making a comeback I see...

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:34 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Brick wrote:
The sweeps making a comeback I see...

A bit difficult to have the deal buttons for each player on tour.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)
International Forums Moderator

We're back with the ending to the 8-box deliberation, about the only deliberation we've had all game so far.

Noel again mentions the track record she's had. Whether it means anything or not is irrelevant, we've got a narrative to push here!

NO DEAL it is...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:37 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Sadly no one blue at five box :(

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:38 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

"The next few moments, you will remember for the rest of your days." High stakes, high volatility boards do that.

Box 22 (Katie) - £50! BOOYEAH!

Box 18 (Arlene) - £75,000! And now it's all about the one box. But it's the one box you'd want it to be all about if it's going to be all about one.

All about this box. 1p and 10p still there. 1 in 15 chance of those two being the final two. Noel emphasises the 1p over the 10p, which really doesn't make sense mathematically, but again, we've got a narrative to push here!

Banker phones up with a stalling tactic and an insistence 15 has the £250k...

Box 15 (Kerri) - 10p

Well, that was wrong! Banker time on a fascinating 5-box...

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:39 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

"It could swing either way," the Banker says. He also insists the 1p is swaying her and scaring her.

The £17k sounds like his reference point for this one...

BANKER'S OFFER

£17,000

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:39 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

£26,000 for the final time?

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:39 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

The reaction shows he's made a mistake. Huffing and puffing all around.

Oh.

BANKER'S OFFER

£20,000

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Oh, it's not that either.

BANKER'S OFFER

£22,000

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:40 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vicky - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

5-box

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Offer: £22,000
Average: £55,150.00 (39.9%)
Fair Deal: £22,497.64 (97.8%)
Volatility: 9.71
Absolute Balance: 8
Significant Balance: 4/5, 2

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:41 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Rubbish! I'd be wanting the Governor here.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:41 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Yeah I'd be playing on with that fallback pair.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Key to this is how you value the £10k and £15k - both as bailouts against a blue and as kickers against the QM.

Vikki says £22k could do "everything," which means this is a nailed-on Deal if you take her literally. Exaggeration will happen in these circumstances.

Show of hands... modest majority for a Deal in this crowd, which is probably more prudent than the regular Bristol crowd at a guess?

She's definitely not deciding quickly on this, as well she shouldn't.

Banker says he would go huge on the scream finish, and he's thoroughly enjoying her squirming over the offer. Also insistent it'll be worth the wait to see it go wrong.

Oh goodness, she's talking about having a feeling for a box she only picked in arbitrary fashion.

She's ready. Noel isn't sure anyone else is.

Clock says No Deal...

...Vikki says NO DEAL!

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:42 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Answer @ 42 minutes.

We all know what's coming now don't we? YUP!

The final ever "extra" offer.......

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:43 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

I have no clue what I'd do here. :? I'd want to go on but not sure that I could with that gap. Since I'm expecting a 3 box offer, I'd just about go on.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:44 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Possible last ever Scream Finish?

Fan of classic rock and metal

GAC1984

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:46 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

Two Boxes to go

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:46 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

All about the £250k. The £10k and £15k do have an influence here, but it's smaller and complex.

Box 5 (Davina) - £15,000. There goes one of them. That clarifies things a bit. "Please get this one right!"

She really is shaking.

Box 2 (Dee) - 1p! Jim turns around and gets some music going. I think. I'm not positive because of the crowd noise.

If this isn't the £250k, the final offer is huge. Though £10k probably won't produce a £120k offer this time like it did when I commentated on it happening the first time.

Noel implies it's the huge-money games that made the show so popular. Well, he would say that. He probably knows full well he's wrong.

Box 21 (Mitch) - £10,000

Jennifer finish! £750 vs £250,000!

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:46 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

I am wrong for the last ever time but we all know what happens here :D ;) :smt023 :D :D :D :D :D :D

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:46 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/12 Vikki - ON TOUR (Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow)

This surely won't be £120,000 this time.

[ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]