Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:48 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:48 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:27 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Classic Re-Commentaries - Cheryl (27th June 2010)
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
The studio erupts, and out come the other wingers! Helen comes down and joins in the group hug!

Box 14 with Del contains the 1p.

"Helen, we've had some friends and family up there spout some rubbish!" :lol: "I hope you're gonna cut her in on a bit of this!"

"I think Deal has changed your life..."

"Forever! Thank you so much!" :D :-D :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:37 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Classic Re-Commentaries - Cheryl (27th June 2010)
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
OK, so a lot of people didn't like that game, and I can understand why, but honestly, I thought that was great: funny and money! (Think I'm quoting James1978 there!)

Cheryl was a great player, she was upbeat and positive throughout, even in the early rounds when she was taking out big money all the time. And the studio atmosphere was great too, everyone seemed to be up for it; almost every big knock was followed by encouragement and applause. This was the most positive I've seen the studio outside the first few years!

Yes, it was an ultra incredibly generous Banker's Gamble and a 'manufactured' big win in that sense, but, honestly, I didn't mind it at all! If anything, as Moxx said at the time, they kinda had to offer it in the circumstances. And all the ridiculous Mally logic everyone started throwing about afterwards and Noel getting visibly more and more annoyed by it was absolutely hysterical! :lol: And Cheryl was so positive, I get the feeling she'd have just laughed off winning 1p instantly.

Seriously, I loved this game. Pity I wasn't around to watch it when it first aired (I had started watching the show again by now, but, as I said at the start, I was away at the time). Now, ten years later, when we can afford not to be such purists about the show, I think this is right up there as an all time classic! Brilliant game, brilliant ending; well played Cheryl and hope you and Helen spent the money wisely! :smt023

Right, I need a rest and a shower after that! So, until next time, sayonara! :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]