Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:01 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:01 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:22 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Classic Re-Commentaries - Alphonso (27th July 2011)
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
"You, sir, should have been our first male quarter millionaire. And you really were deserving of it."

"But, you have £60,000!" :D :smt023

Box 7 with Charlotte completes the game with £750.

Alphonso says that money will do a lot, for both his music career and his family. :D :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:34 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Classic Re-Commentaries - Alphonso (27th July 2011)
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Yeah, that was a good game. Didn't deserve to just vanish off into Deal history as yet another failed male quarter millionaire.

It was a most fascinating board, the top three stayed intact while most of the other meaningful reds fell quite early. Keeping all three to 5-box was brilliant stuff. And, regardless of whether you trusted the Banker or not, £60,000 was a brilliant offer, and one arguable either way. Just a question of whether you'd be prepared to risk it on calling the Banker's bluff, as the Jackpot going would definitely result in a lower final offer.

The themed week itself was pretty silly, but then they always were fun silly; that was part of their appeal I guess, that the themes were so inventive. But even they got a bit too much eventually, and I can't say I was said when they abandoned them after 2014. Mind you, I barely watched the show after September 2014, so it didn't matter to me that much.

Finally, here's Alphonso's website: https://alphonsostewart.com/ Looks like he's done pretty well for himself; hope that £60,000 helped in that. Well done Alphonso, a well deserved big win! :smt023

That's it for now; next week, we look back at a true forgotten classic. Until then, sayonara! :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]