Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:03 am Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 6:03 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:49 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
The banker says "oh dear, oh dear, oh dear" and says Pete didn't remember his nickname.

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£21,200

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:50 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete

Round 6 - proveout

15 - Zoe - £3,000

Stephen says he won't know what to say if this is £5 or £7.5k.

16 - Carol - £5 :shock:

Banker time with:

£7,500
£50,000
£100,000

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete

Stephen says he doesn't want to take the call. He says Pete might want to get under the table again.

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£45,750

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete

Round 7 - proveout

Pete and his partner reiterate that they can do what they wanted with the money he dealt at.

18 - Monz - £50,000

Banker time with £7,500 and £100,000 remaining...

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:52 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete

What would have been the classic £250k/£20k finish in the Noel era.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete

The banker says it's not good news.

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£62,250

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete

Pete hides under the table while Stephen opens his box!

Stephen opens Pete's box 7 and reveals £100,000

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:54 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete

If he was still in live play at three box, with a 100% guaranteed £7,500, would he have been extremely very brave?

I would be.

So much for him being a "play on" Pete.

Another jackpot winner denied :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry:

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete

Pete says he knew it, but he says again he can do what they wanted with the money he has.

Box 20 - Mike - £7,500 completes the game.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:55 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete

h2005 wrote:
The banker says "oh dear, oh dear, oh dear" and says Pete didn't remember his nickname.

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£21,200

There is no way this wasn't a reference to our lad Mark. Take is as a compliment, fella!

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:55 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete

Stephen channelling his inner Noel there by the "who clapped" at the £5,000.

Not only did I say Pete looked like Noel's best mate Phil he played like him too (cautious after being very Wakeyist on the wings).

Oh the irony. This series is turning out to be a bit of a disaster isn't it?

16 unaired games for psychokiller I take it ;-)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

FrenchDONDFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:10 pm    Author: FrenchDONDFan    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete

I don't really blame him for the 9k deal, i didn't watched the show, just got the resume, but it's the basis of the game, pretending to be an oho in order to bluff your way for having very big offers.

However, giving this banker is very generous maybe it's not as useful as before.

I think i would have been gone at 21k, i would have gamble the 9k giving the banker make very big offers towards the end game :smt059 .

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:13 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete

This is just really facking poor now, isn't it?

We had glimmers of hope that our player might grasp the bull by its balls and thrust their way to a high reward figure. Nothing in life will change unless you take your risks, and our man *previously* advocated for this very approach. But isn't the reality a very different window when you're stood at a certain angle? Well tough tittee. You either back up your bravado or go home.

And a contradictory exit back to home he went! And an opportunity to realise modest ambitions go begging yet again. It is incredible how sub-standard this revival has been, it's even surprised me. And my expectations were basement level to begin with. There has been very little to find reedeemable in this unwarranted, unexpected corpse animation.

Obviously this episode shouldn't have bothered airing whatsoever, who is making that decision, is there nothing better to stick on instead? There's nearly 70 years worth of TV archive in the ITV vaults after all.

LouBlu08

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:34 pm    Author: LouBlu08    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete

I KNEW IT, I TOTALLY KNEW IT.
All along I thought he had the £100,000 in his box and lo and behold, he had it. Not blaming him for taking the 9K at all, that's exactly the amount he needed, but man, they built up the whole gag about Pete yelling at others to play on, and in his game he ended up dealing and having the jackpot in his box.

In other news I should really become a fortune teller.

psychokiller wrote:
This is just really facking poor now, isn't it?

We had glimmers of hope that our player might grasp the bull by its balls and thrust their way to a high reward figure. Nothing in life will change unless you take your risks, and our man *previously* advocated for this very approach. But isn't the reality a very different window when you're stood at a certain angle? Well tough tittee. You either back up your bravado or go home.

And a contradictory exit back to home he went! And an opportunity to realise modest ambitions go begging yet again. It is incredible how sub-standard this revival has been, it's even surprised me. And my expectations were basement level to begin with. There has been very little to find reedeemable in this unwarranted, unexpected corpse animation.

Obviously this episode shouldn't have bothered airing whatsoever, who is making that decision, is there nothing better to stick on instead? There's nearly 70 years worth of TV archive in the ITV vaults after all.

Again, I'm gonna say it. Would it be gripping TV if every ep had a win of more than £10,000? No, probably not. Would it be wise to hide every episode that had a win less than £750? Absolutely not.

This argument of "episodes with OBW's shouldn't have aired" is stupid. Heck, OBW's sometimes make for more compelling television then the average £5,000 OPW. If they only aired episodes with OPW, or hell, gameshow episodes where all they do is win, they'd run out of content quickly and ITV1 as a channel wouldn't have anything to air other than Unwind with ITV and the 10 o' clock news.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete
International Forums Moderator

Despite being made of episodes with one self-contained game, DoND UK - with its "future contestants on the wings" model - is a show that runs on narrative.

And hoo boy was this ever a narrative game! Whatever you think about the decision to take that 8-box offer (for me it was firmly in the "would be a very different story if the Banker knew how to play the endgame" zone) you have to admit the interaction of it with his wing-derived nickname and the way the proveout went was incredible. If you wrote this in a forum fantasy series it'd be seen as too on-the-nose, but it actually happened!

Give this show a renewal now, get these wings back, and make that narrative go brrr. That is what makes this version of the show so distinctive. That is the genesis for so much of the memorable television it can provide.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

matt26

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:53 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete

These contestants aren't having much luck right now! Everyone that deals discovers they could have had a lot more had they played on while the ones that take the gambles end up winning next to nothing.

Still, I'm glad Pete went away with a good amount and enough to do what he wanted. And apart from the absurd 2-box AMO we've come to know and hate, the proveout offers were actually fairly believable for once.

Power5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:08 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete

Even the resident Wakey of the wings couldn’t follow his own mantra… that was the one chance for a big win in this run. Still not even a five-figure win since day 2!

Have any further shows been filmed beyond this week’s by the way? Those joining now (on screen) must have known they weren’t going to play…

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:12 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete

Power5 wrote:
Have any further shows been filmed beyond this week’s by the way? Those joining now (on screen) must have known they weren’t going to play…

There's going to be two from the V.2 original 22 that aren't going to be playing in this run. Probably won't be Jamie or Brian as they've 'stood out' a bit too much (i.e I actually know who they are lol)

Davao

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:35 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete

Nice guy, he had a reason why he needed to deal that. Understandable why he dealt, can't look at decisions in hindsight. Its one thing being on the wings, but a whole different level when you're sat in the chair, the amount of pressure the player is under.

At least he got an excellent amount of money.

Players been unlucky, so far not having much luck at all! Players who gamble win pennies and players who deal earlier, they have a big amount in the box!

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:04 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 11/12 Pete

Power5 wrote:
Still not even a five-figure win since day 2!

Stevie got one on Show 10, but even so, still only three five-figure wins in the 16 games so far.

Power5 wrote:

The press release at the time said this would be a 20-show run, so presumably no more have been filmed.

psychokiller wrote:
There's going to be two from the V.2 original 22 that aren't going to be playing in this run. Probably won't be Jamie or Brian as they've 'stood out' a bit too much (i.e I actually know who they are lol)

I think it'll be four, given two of the players (Stevie and Jane) were strangely not from the original 22. I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in another non-original one this week as well. I suppose it means those who joined later don't automatically assume they won't get to play in this run. Fingers crossed everyone left on Friday will return in the inevitable second series.

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]