Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:09 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 2:09 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:53 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Rochelle

Warnings: 0
She doesn't want to come across greedy. Stephen asks if she wants to be brave or rich. She's ready!

Rochelle says DEAL :smt023

Fan of many game shows and Series 87 Champion of Countdown!

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:53 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Rochelle

Round 7

Rickie 20 - 50p

Banker time with £10 and £100,000 remaining...

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:54 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Rochelle

Simon F wrote:
So she now has 2/3 chance of £60k probably and 1/3 chance of nothing.

£30k maybe?

I'm good LOL

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:55 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Rochelle

Why did the graphic just say £31,100? sdgthju

Fan of classic rock and metal

higginson_ronan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:55 pm    Author: higginson_ronan    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Rochelle

"He wins"

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£60,000 :Jimmy_is_great

Stephen opens Box 17 and reveals £10 :D

A TPW by 0.17%!!

Last edited by higginson_ronan on Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SBOW12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:56 pm    Author: SBOW12    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Rochelle

Would C4 Banker be tempted to offer Rochelle The Banker's Gamble?

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:57 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Rochelle

Jeez, I was convinced she was crashing when she no-dealt 5-box. Screw the £60k that's a massive result!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:58 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Rochelle

SBOW12 wrote:
Would C4 Banker be tempted to offer Rochelle The Banker's Gamble?

With the C4 Banker at the helm she would've been offered around 14k at 3 box and 26 to 30k at 2 box :)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:01 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Rochelle

Anyway, just what we needed after yesturday's game. :D :-D :smt023

Glad a debatable no deal was rewarded for once, and THANKFULLY she had the sense to take 30k when she did. Hindsight be damned, that would've been such a reckless gamble to take, literally no one has risked that much on a blue/100k finish (Dale famously risked the most in the C4 era in that scenario, 26k) in Deal history, let alone on a 2 blues/100k board!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Davao

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:02 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Rochelle

Best game in terms of gameplay we've had for a while. She had to deal that offer without question, I'm happy we've had a brilliant game. Biggest win of the series so far? Pleased, we had a feel good game.

C4 banker without question would offer the BG there, but the flipside, is there was no 3 box offer in C4 game!

Hope she enjoys the money, and the last 2 games, are as good and kind to the player as this one!

Last edited by Davao on Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:02 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Rochelle

Just realised the dates of 2023 match 2006 (ie the 12th December falls on a Tuesday in both years) and the player that year was the rather memorable for the wrong reasons, Donna. Well another Donna had the jackpot today - thankfully in much better circumstances)!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

SBOW12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:04 pm    Author: SBOW12    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Rochelle

James1978 wrote:
Just realised the dates of 2023 match 2006 (ie the 12th December falls on a Tuesday in both years) and the player that year was the rather memorable for the wrong reasons, Donna. Well another Donna had the jackpot today - thankfully in much better circumstances)!

Donna Frampton infamous in deal spaces

SBOW12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:05 pm    Author: SBOW12    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Rochelle

Davao wrote:
Best game in terms of gameplay we've had for a while. She had to deal that offer without question, I'm happy we've had a brilliant game. Biggest win of the series so far? Pleased, we had a feel good game.

C4 banker without question would offer the BG there, but the flipside, is there was no 3 box offer in C4 game!

Hope she enjoys the money, and the last 2 games, are as good and kind to the player as this one!

Apart from in the themed games if the twist goes the right way but yes I agree BG would've been offered

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:15 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Rochelle

SBOW12 wrote:
Davao wrote:

Apart from in the themed games if the twist goes the right way but yes I agree BG would've been offered

In the later years the C4 Banker probably would've made a "lifeline" extra offer at 3 box, though it would've been around the 14k she got offered at 5 box with a 100k top prize or around 26k to 30k if she had the 250k jackpot and 2 blues there. :lol:

Power5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:13 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Rochelle

£30k was insanely generous on £100k and peanuts three-box… in the old days you’d be lucky to see five figures (wasn’t the first £100k-in-box winner Gaz a one-box game like that with low offers?)

I don’t think she’ll regret not pushing on for one more box, selling a £10 box for £30k is a win in anyone’s book, and that amount of money would have a big effect on most people’s lives.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:18 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Rochelle

Declining 90% of the mean would be complete insanity!

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:17 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/12 Rochelle
International Forums Moderator

Wowsers trousers. Episode 17 delivers again just like it did in the original run!!

This was just about the one configuration where there's any doubt at all over the merits of chasing the Banker's endgame generosity, but Rochelle chased it anyway and it worked out spectacularly! Glad to see a game where the Banker got punished this hard for his poor approach in this run, and for the tendency of these contestants to use what worked in the game before theirs (although Rochelle sounded at the start like someone who might have played like this anyway) to actually fit with the board they got on the day this time! :D

Amazingly, all of the offers from 8-box onwards were basically the same as you'd have got on the corresponding C4 board, despite this one only having 40% of the top box...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]