Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:31 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 12:31 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 14/12 Ruby
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
22 - Dori - £100,000 completes the game.

Ruby's brother says he was only one zero out!

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:01 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 14/12 Ruby

Shame she missed the biggie on the wings but I do commend her for not jumping straight to Box 22 after the deal like a lot of players might have done. And Jamie gave good advice about minimal scale of regret for taking out one of the top 2 at the 5-box offer as well. The AMO 2-box offers remind me of when the banker used to see in the box and convince the player thay did the higher amount (as was mentioned in Joseph's game thread!)!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Davao

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:01 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: 14/12 Ruby

I think she dealt at the perfect time, got unlucky with the proveout with £100,000, being left to the end.. A great game, and its been a good week this week so far. Think she did the right thing, as she's got 3 kids, and that money will make a huge difference.

Well done Ruby, a great game, especially after 11 box, the board was quite scary, could have gone the other way to a devasting crash, but she managed to get a great result.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/12 Ruby
International Forums Moderator

So many of us didn't think we'd get too many really intense games on this board but that's another one for the collection!

Was a properly interesting 5-box decision where I don't think either call was wrong - and a 3-box No Deal that would've been completely dependent on the 2-box AMO to justify was the only way to break out of that same territory. And what territory it was! This has been quite the week, and ITV must be very glad they nerfed the prize budget now as this would have been a £35k/£100k/£250k 5-box... although having said that she might have dealt for less at 8-box on the Edmonds board!!

The key call was to turn down the 8-box offer on a scary board but with major reward potential against this Banker, and she made that call and got quite the validation for it. Fantastic stuff!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:00 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 14/12 Ruby

I'm just delighted she was honest with the proveout!! That is probably the actual highlight of the series for me :lol:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:01 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 14/12 Ruby

Just over 2/3 of the mean at 5-box, I wouldn't have needed to think. I'd have asked Stephen straight away for the question and shouted DEAL!

Fan of classic rock and metal

matt26

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:38 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 14/12 Ruby

It's been great to see some big money wins all in quick succession. What a week it's been! :D

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:01 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 14/12 Ruby

Both 5-box and 3-box offers were ones where either decision could have been justified.

It's a shame it's the last show of the run tomorrow as it's been a great run of shows recently.

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:06 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 14/12 Ruby

The Michael Owen celebrity one’s on Sunday. I wonder who will be opening the boxes? The England World Cup ‘98 squad perhaps?

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]