Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:27 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 2:27 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show Repeats on ChallengeAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:14 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)

Warnings: 0
I remember it was one of the only games (if not *the* only) I watched in my grandparents house, near to Portsmouth. I also remember that it was the weekend that Ugly Betty premiered and it was launched in a blaze of publicity (namely the various commuter magazines found scattered on Waterloo-originated trains).

I never did like Ugly Betty. How it allude to the fact that glasses and dental braces make a person 'ugly'. Anyway, I digress.

It was a hideous day, spent battling the elements on a barren hillside. I'd rarely felt more relieved and grateful to be under shelter that afternoon. I'd already known about the spoiler (thanks to the red top tabloid which shall remain unnamed), so it was a case of just anticipating and witnessing the historic daytime TV moment. And I think I was completely alone for it, no-one else disturbed me in the living room. Tea was being prepared by the grandmother. Wonderful.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:20 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)
Global Moderator

I remember the day of Laura's game, all those years ago. I knew nothing of the spoilers, so I was able to watch it without knowing it would happen, though I began to suspect it would towards the end.

I remember the day after as well, with Craig getting multiple swaps, and thinking it funny! I was watching his game while reading a Robot Wars LIVE program signed by Craig Charles and Philippa Forrester I had acquired on eBay.

Just over a month later, I stopped watching the show for a while. And, from then until May 2010, I only watched the show occasionally during school holidays.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:15 am    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)

Can still remember the aftermath of Laura's game, when the banker 'locked himself in his room' and then could be heard crying very loudly down the phone whilst Edmondo was absolutely creased up :lol:

I can remember the day Laura's game was first shown as I just come back in from visiting my nan and switching the TV on, logging into this site and joining in the fun on her show thread even though most of us knew the result as it had leaked out....As back then I had not started commentating for 'that other site' just yet ;)

Hope Challenge will go into 2007 tomorrow morning and not rewind and keep us waiting for a long time

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:38 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)

No rewind, so good chance Laura's game will be shown on Thursday after all :)

Can see Stuart on the wings "No I chose Box 14" :lol:

A certain Mr Bunney has arrived on the wings as well, and how ironic Edmondo said to him "You are going to be such a character" :lol:

Last edited by richie4eva1 on Tue May 14, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:42 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)

VENTRESS!!! :) :) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:07 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)

Being American and all, I had no means of watching Laura's game other than watching the last ten minutes on the now-defunct fansite. Regardless, I don't think I had actually started watching DOND until March 2007, so the fact that someone had already won was known to be well in advance.

Anyway, the last ten minutes video started right before the last box of the final round was opened. (I since learned that the last-ten-minute thing sucked because it essentially spoiled the outcome; if the video started with coming back from break, the contestant had dealt at the third offer. If the video started with the fourth offer decision, the contestant usually dealt either the fourth offer or fifth offer, or had a really bad crash. If the video started in the middle of the fifth round, that contestant was going all the way and had some hard final decisions to make.) I can recall the moments of the video so well, even now, even though I wasn't there live to see it or wondering if she was indeed going to win.

The funny thing is that I was catching up on the 2007 videos throughout March and April, but had forgotten who Laura was (or even her name!) and thought another contestant was going to be the winner. When she dealt the fourth offer I was perplexed... and then realized I had watched the wrong game. :lol:

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:50 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)

Looks like we are going to have to wait a little longer to see Laura's game, Paul and Janelle's games from July 2006 were on today

Jerry173

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:20 am    Author: Jerry173    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)

Looks like we will not be seeing Laura's game, as it is Craig and Nicola (immediately AFTER Laura) today.

KP

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:41 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)
International Forums Moderator

Laura's was an hour so it'll probably be in the next block of those. They must have the rights for it.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:17 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)

Strange that they seem to have missed Conor's game though given it was a pretty normal 45 min game IIRC?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:46 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)

For those looking for it, Laura's full game has just been posted on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxwxHyzeaFI).

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:49 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)

It appears the hour long specials are being repeated in the small hours of Sunday and Monday morning - 2.45 and 3am respectively. Not sure how many they've shown already but I think they are part way through double deal week as of this morning.

On the plus side this implies that the 45m reruns could continue for the time being unabated in their current slot

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:05 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
It appears the hour long specials are being repeated in the small hours of Sunday and Monday morning - 2.45 and 3am respectively. Not sure how many they've shown already but I think they are part way through double deal week as of this morning.

On the plus side this implies that the 45m reruns could continue for the time being unabated in their current slot

Oh god I think I've missed recording those as I wasn't aware of them - then again most evening games in DD week sucked anyway (and I still have Chrissie's on VHS from 2006) but hopefully they haven't reached Frank yet!

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:09 am    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)

Laura's game has just started on Challenge :)

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)
International Forums Moderator

Fascinating viewing at six and a half years' distance. One couldn't help but note the oddly muted reaction to £19,999 from the pilgrims - well, their oddly muted reaction to basically everything until the £750 was revealed, to be honest, certainly by 2013 standards.

Noel was certainly talking up the £250k, the "courage" angle, etc etc., but no more than he did for the entire opening half of season 2. If Laura made a mistake for her in turning down £19,999, then Sarah was the one to blame, not Noel (and had this been a blue win, or even an orange win, I'm sure her wing run in particular would have been utterly different thereafter).

I think the final offer was continuing with a pattern of reducing 2-box generosity with the QM and a low kicker until someone gambled, the Banker just went one step too far (and it was just the one step too far - Laura said afterwards she'd deal for £50k, apparently) and the rest is history.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:44 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)

Hey, does anyone know what games they're currently up to? Thanks in advance :)

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:42 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)

We've just arrived in September 2007 and Battle of the Sexes. I caught the end of Badger James' game today and I think John's game is the first tomorrow.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:55 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)

I'm only up to late April 2007 as I can't humanly get through watching 10 games per week but still record them all. And welcome back psychokiller. :)

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:10 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)

Thanking you, Brick :)

Good to be back, James1978, if only for a little coffee break. Mainly just to clear up what the hell was up with me during last year/beginning of this year :)

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:59 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Repeat schedule (NEW timings as of 24 Apr - see first post)

Quick heads up for anyone following the repeats on Challenge - from Monday October 7th they are moving the show to the 12.30 lunchtime slot, Every indication they are continuing with series 3 though, not going back

[ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show Repeats on ChallengeAll times are UTC [ DST ]