Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:59 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:59 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:01 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Warnings: 0
What an epic way to have the forum have to close down for a bit! :lol:

Seriously, it was a great game, everything I'd love to do in my own game, you did and then some! :-D Particularly the props under the table!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:02 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Best game for a long time, well done David on your £6,500, and on getting to keep box 4!

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:02 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

I think also we have some sort of record...the highest he ever had in his box was the £75,000 yesh? :shock:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Zeusless

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:03 pm    Author: Zeusless    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Congratulations h2005 :) A very entertaining show. And a nice result too!

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:05 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Here is the full commentary for David's game, again sorry for the earlier problems.

David has box 4 today. David smacks the box against the front of the table and nearly creates history in opening his box!!! Noel talks about how David is one of the shows biggest fans, and David talks about the forum and how everyone posts abou the show. David talks about his goat, and Noel says that every modern man has a goat nowadays

David shows us a picture of his goat Henry, and Noel gets very rude about the picture and how he thought Henry was very pleased to see David!! Noel talks about David's collection of clocks as well, but Noel says he couldn't have a collection of clocks as everytime you look at them you are watching yourself get closer to dying!! Noel and David both wind each other up about their ages

Noel says that David should have the ultimate system today being such a fan of the show, and he gets over-excited about it all!!!

Here we go...

Round 1

David is doing his system in pairs of boxes, and Noel says that they have traffic lights over on one of the wings, and he then tells David to take his hands out of his pockets

5 - £250 Will

8 - £75,000 Derrick

Newbie Joe gets an early mention as he is the oldest contestant to date, he is 97

18 - £3,000 Tony

13 - £1,000 Newbie Joe

19 - 1p Chris

Banker time

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noel is not too happy with the 1p kiss The Banker says he loves David, but not in the sense of getting a tingle in his rear right foot! The Banker says that David didn't have any breakfast and offers him a banana

Banker's offer:

H2005

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David says

NO DEAL

Round 2

17 - £500 Kieron

David asks Dirk to do his DOND war dance, and he does along with some of the wing! Noel looks totally confused!

15 - £100 Margaret

David gets another banana delivered and looks at it but then throws it away again!! Noel reads it and and it has 'Banker's 2nd banana for picky little gits' written on it!

Noel calls a break...

We're back
Last box before the Banker

14 - £100,000 Ollie

Banker time

The Banker says he knows a lot about David and also what he posts on the forum, and there is a post about Noel being 60 this year and he thinks he will find the filming schedule too demanding!!

Banker's offer:

£10,000

David says that is a good offer, but thinks it is too early to go...

David says

NO DEAL

Round 3

20 - £15,000 Gra

3 - £50 Lisa

9 - £250,000 Stephen

Banker time

The Banker says he is almost disappointed as he was looking forward to the joust between them

Banker's offer:

£5,000

David thinks there is still more in the game

David says

NO DEAL

Round 4

6 - £10,000 Linz

This is feeling horrible now says Noel

7 - £1 Graham

David asks Noel what he has behind all the doors in the pound table, and then starts opening the doors! He then pulls out the lucky nose, hat, and slippers, and he asks Noel to wear them all!!! David then finds some furniture polish!

Noel sprays it around and then calls a break guaranteeing a good finish now!!

Were back
Last box before the Banker

11 - £5,000 Trudi

Banker time

Noel doesn't think the lucky slippers have had a good impact so far! The Banker finds another quote from the forum and it says that the only thing that irritates David is silly contestants! He says it is the pot calling the kettle black!

Banker's offer:

£6,500

David says

NO DEAL

Round 5

16 - £50,000 Natalie

That is rotten says Noel

1 - £10 Dirk

12 - £750 Anna

Banker time

The Banker says that David is very similar to himself, and then David asks to speak to him, he asks the Banker if he is drunk!!! He then chats to the Banker and asks if he will go up to £10,000 and he will deal! He then negotiates some more and talks about Doreen's game where she got 100% of the average.

Banker's offer:

£10,000

The Banker calls back and says nice try, and the real offer is...

Banker's offer:

£6,500

He admired that David was cheeky there and has a nice surprise for him at the end...

David says that he would need to keep both reds in play now to get a big increase as just keeping 1 red in will not get an increase... David goes for some advice and is told to go for it... He goes to Chris and he says that he is just confused by the whole game!! Noel goes over and shakes his hand as he totally agrees! He says he is a little confused as he thought David was here for the experiance and not the money. Linz backs up David's thoughts and says that it is really deal now or play all the way to the end.

David says

DEAL

Proveout round 6

21 - £35,000 Lesley

2 - £5 Thel

10 - 10p Rachel

Banker time with 50p and £20,000 remaining

This is interesting as you predicted this outcome says Noel... The Banker says that David read that really well....

Banker's offer would've been:

£5,000

Noel opens box 4 and reveals 50p :D

Box 22 with Jason contains the £20,000

The Banker calls back and says he promised David a surprise and says that David posted that he would love some DOND memorabilia and especially a DOND box as they are only given to £250,000 winners, and the the Banker allows David to keep his box :D

Profile E-mail  

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:05 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Have to say I really enjoyed that game today

Very well played, David, and well done for beating the banker

And a nice gesture from the banker at the end there in letting you keep box 4

Enjoy every penny of your winnings :)

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:08 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

thundercat wrote:
Oh yeah made me laugh when he said 'how come doreen got offered 100% of the average with 4 blues and 250k' certainly gave the banker something to think about as most contestants dont remember or care to mention previous offers!!

David, you should have asked for £11,000 as that was what the average was :lol:

Anyway great game and entertainment and a well thought out deal......which was spot on of course.

Jim

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:10 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Well I was able to watch it in the end, what a great moment for the forum

I hope you've spent £6,500 already, H :P :lol:

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:12 pm    Author: Steve    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Great game... almost as good a contestant (although not quite), as Pat M

Gluben

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:12 pm    Author: Gluben    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

I think the quote that summed the game up for me was the one directed at the Banker:

"Are you...are you drunk?"

You've left a rather lovely mark on the show, David. Look forward to hopefully seeing you soon!

Profile E-mail  

maggieq

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:14 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

great game David,you broke all the rules(looking in Noels cubby holes LOL).enjoy the dosh. :smt023

Gluben

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:15 pm    Author: Gluben    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

killersbee wrote:
Well I was able to watch it in the end, what a great moment for the forum

I hope you've spent £6,500 already, H :P :lol:

I hope not...I want some when I next see him!

Profile E-mail  

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:18 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

One of the most entertaining games in a long time. :-D

I loved the rapport that you & Noel had and all the banter you two had. Plus moments such as the Banker quoting some of your posts (like the one about Noel turning 60 :lol: ), the bananas, having a look at the drawers underneath the pound table, your conversation with the Banker etc...

Plus you got £6,500 for a box worth just 50p, which barring the first offer, was your largest offer.

Well done on your win David & for a highly entertaining show as well.

Profile E-mail  

thundercat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:19 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Wonder if the term 'wakeyist' was mentioned behind the scenes leaving a lot of very puzzled contestants!? :lol:

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:22 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)
Administrator & Global Moderator

I never mentioned any forum-created terms whilst in Bristol. Seeing as though only forum regulars would know what I was talking about, I thought it pointless to use phrases which would confuse dozens of contestants, crew and millions of viewers!

Profile E-mail  

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:22 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Well done David! Very entertaining game. It's a shame the forum crashed :shock:

I added some pictures to your facebook as I couldn't get on here at the time...I'll post more on your fan club thread once I've captured them all! :-D

Profile E-mail  

rico7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:25 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

A brilliant show all round today, one of the most memorable ever! :D

Even if David had walked away with a blue it would have still created a feelgood factor, but to walk away with £6,500 and achieve such a good technical player win against the banker makes it all the more special.

The dance, the interplay with the banker and Noel were hilarious, the spontaneous rummaging around in the poundtable, holding up the red card, and then seeing Noel put on the lucky hat and nose as David put on the slippers was unforgettable ! :laughing

I don't know if you were nervous David, but you certainly didn't show it, and provided one of the most entertaining games for a very long time!

You gave a good rationale for dealing, and it was great to see your decision vindicated. I was thinking the banker might have stuck at £6,500 at 2 box in the proveout, certainly no more, though I was more expecting a banker's gamble. I'm guessing you wouldn't have taken it?

As it turned out it was the right decision, to be honest I think I would have dealt at that point as well.

Thankyou for providing one of the all-time classic games, as has already been said it was a surreal experience seeing you on the show. :D

explorer2b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:25 pm    Author: explorer2b    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Congratulations David not only on your £6500 win but on providing one of the best shows that I've seen. One of the highlights for me being when you asked Chris for some advice and he said that he was confused. A memorable show. Thankyou.

Explorer2b

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:38 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

rico7 wrote:
...I was thinking the banker might have stuck at £6,500 at 2 box in the proveout, certainly no more, though I was more expecting a banker's gamble...

Am I the only one who's suddenly wondering if we'll ever see a Banker's Gamble again? Just on the technical side of things, although I'd never have expected one today, there has definitely been a couple of really possible opportunities to have it offered lately...but not!

Hope not...

Profile E-mail  

Cazzie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:39 pm    Author: Cazzie    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

I have so much to say and have no idea where to start!!

I'll be back later but for now will just say that was absolutely amazing.. it had everything and surpassed all my expectations..

So many things happened I'm struggling to pick a favourite but for now it's possibly the "are you drunk?" comment to the Banker!! :P

"Take your hands out of your pockets!" Noel to David 23/03/09...
Do as I say not as I do obviously Noel! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you... Are you drunk?"
David to The Banker 23/03/09

[ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]