Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 12:20 am Last visit was: Thu Oct 08, 2026 12:20 am


Deal or No Deal is currently on a break.

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show of the Month pollsAll times are UTC [ DST ]



 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Show of the Month - October?
Poll ended at Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:51 pm
Rhona (£15,000, 4th) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
David W (£25,000, 6th) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Barbara (£1,000, 8th) 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Donna (£30,000, 11th) 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Diana (£18,000, 18th) 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Lisa (£100, 20th) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
"Tax Free" Harry (£20,000, 22nd) 13%  13%  [ 5 ]
"Break a Leg" Jeff (£64,000, 25th) 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Elizabeth (& Mandy) (£40,000, 26th) 18%  18%  [ 7 ]
David J (£70,000, 29th - anniversary show) 35%  35%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 37
Author Message

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:51 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Show of the Month - October - The Final
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:04 pm
Warnings: 0
Has there ever been a stronger line-up than this? Big wins, some unforgettable characters, a tearful trainwreck, a disastrous swap, a great turnaround - they're all here. So who's the winner? 5 days to decide!

_________________
Image
Oh and five others, guess I need to update this!


Top
 Profile  

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:13 pm
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Warnings: 0
This is a really difficult one. It's definitely between Harry and Jeff.

Barbara's game was rather upsetting due to her unsuccessful swapping, Donna was good as she was the only OPW there had been for a long while, Diana's was good, Lisa's was upsetting due to her low win, Elizabeth and Mandy's game was a bit different and was quite good. David's game was also good and it was a great show!

However...

I'm really torn between Jeff and Harry. Both brilliant contestants, both had brilliant games and brilliant shows... brilliant! I'll have to think about this one, very carefully. :D


Top
 Profile  

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:06 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:36 pm
Warnings: 0
Oooooooh I don't know!

Rhona - Fantastic turnaround, and she was really cool.

David - Really cool too, and quite posh, which always wins you points with me. Oh, and the "No...doubt" bit was great.

Barbara - Just...surreal. Even now, that episode feels like a bad dream.

Donna - Meh. Not Donna.

Diana - She's called Di Please. I think that's a good enough reason for her to win.

Lisa - Aw, Lisa was great, but the game was far too depressing for it to win this. It did have the legendary dance, though.

Harry - Great character and a great OPW...anyone with a catchphrase wins points, too.

Jeff - Ditto.

Elizabeth and Mandy - Hilarious game and another great OPW...plus I fancied Elizabeth.

David J - Meh. Not David, either.

OK...erm....I'll go for....Elizabeth and Mandy! Barbara's was a strong contender, but it did make me feel a bit suicidal at the end of it, so I can't vote for that really. And Diana's was equally hilarious, but the actual game wasn't a classic...Elizabeth's and Mandy's had everything.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:12 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:13 pm
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Warnings: 0
daniel4389 wrote:
Oooooooh I don't know!

Rhona - Fantastic turnaround, and she was really cool.

David - Really cool too, and quite posh, which always wins you points with me. Oh, and the "No...doubt" bit was great.

Barbara - Just...surreal. Even now, that episode feels like a bad dream.

Donna - Meh. Not Donna.

Diana - She's called Di Please. I think that's a good enough reason for her to win.

Lisa - Aw, Lisa was great, but the game was far too depressing for it to win this. It did have the legendary dance, though.

Harry - Great character and a great OPW...anyone with a catchphrase wins points, too.

Jeff - Ditto.

Elizabeth and Mandy - Hilarious game and another great OPW...plus I fancied Elizabeth.

David J - Meh. Not David, either.

OK...erm....I'll go for....Elizabeth and Mandy! Barbara's was a strong contender, but it did make me feel a bit suicidal at the end of it, so I can't vote for that really. And Diana's was equally hilarious, but the actual game wasn't a classic...Elizabeth's and Mandy's had everything.


Dan, Jeff's wasn't an OPW! :P Although I should shush, to quote you, really, because Jeff was such a break a leg-end, he should've been an OPW! :P


Top
 Profile  

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:14 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:36 pm
Warnings: 0
h2005 wrote:
Donna was good as she was the only OPW there had been for a long while


Neither was hers, then, if we're being pedantic. :P

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:15 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:13 pm
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Warnings: 0
Oh, poo, wasn't hers? I thought it was...


Top
 Profile  

rico7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:50 am    Author: rico7    Post subject:
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Stratford-upon-avon, Warwickshire
Warnings: 0
Elizabeth and Mandy entertained, and ended up playing a great game with a wonderful result! :) They get my vote.


Top
 Profile  

Duffer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:25 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject:
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 5:55 pm
Location: Sussex
Warnings: 0
Diana just shades it from Elizabeth and Mandy for me...

_________________
--- jeg forstar ikke ---


Top
 Profile  

Qwerty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:10 am    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:15 pm
Location: Scotland
Warnings: 0
I did have to opt for David J. Not for the anniversary show as such, but I did like him on the wings - he was fairly quiet, and I always seem to prefer the quieter ones. And he had a fantastic game.

Rhona and Diana coming close behind however.

_________________
Can't believe it's been a whole year since Kathleen! took the Walk of Wealth and won £45,000!

Thanks to kestral, daniel4389, Tugger, Billy et al who have helped build my image library for these:
Image


Top
 Profile  

Adam L

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:30 am    Author: Adam L    Post subject:
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:15 pm
Location: Probably looking at nice messages by that special someone, do not disturb!!!
Warnings: 0
has to be Di please! :lol:

_________________
Image
I think I'm on one smarter advert, behind susan wearing a hideous pink T shirt
"DOND.CO.UK - It's all very disturbing"


Top
 Profile  

LittleFrog

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:18 am    Author: LittleFrog    Post subject:
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:47 pm
Location: Wolverhampton Via South Wales
Warnings: 0
gotta be the anniversary show. Loved every minute!

By the way, will there be a "show of the year " poll in December?


Top
 Profile  

justcause110

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:42 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 8:14 pm
Location: Jersey
Warnings: 0
LittleFrog wrote:
gotta be the anniversary show. Loved every minute!

By the way, will there be a "show of the year " poll in December?


Have to agree with that. Plus it had the cake on :P


Top
 Profile  

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:45 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:24 am
Warnings: 0
Diana for me! :D

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  

hammondstar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:11 pm    Author: hammondstar    Post subject:
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:11 pm
Warnings: 0
No good looking men at all, disgraceful! Anyway....I voted for David J, because he was bald and I like bald people :?


Top
 Profile  

22 sealed boxes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:50 pm    Author: 22 sealed boxes    Post subject:

Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:19 pm
Location: Sat at the computer with square eyes!!
Warnings: 0
h2005 wrote:
daniel4389 wrote:
Oooooooh I don't know!

Rhona - Fantastic turnaround, and she was really cool.

David - Really cool too, and quite posh, which always wins you points with me. Oh, and the "No...doubt" bit was great.

Barbara - Just...surreal. Even now, that episode feels like a bad dream.

Donna - Meh. Not Donna.

Diana - She's called Di Please. I think that's a good enough reason for her to win.

Lisa - Aw, Lisa was great, but the game was far too depressing for it to win this. It did have the legendary dance, though.

Harry - Great character and a great OPW...anyone with a catchphrase wins points, too.

Jeff - Ditto.

Elizabeth and Mandy - Hilarious game and another great OPW...plus I fancied Elizabeth.

David J - Meh. Not David, either.

OK...erm....I'll go for....Elizabeth and Mandy! Barbara's was a strong contender, but it did make me feel a bit suicidal at the end of it, so I can't vote for that really. And Diana's was equally hilarious, but the actual game wasn't a classic...Elizabeth's and Mandy's had everything.


Dan, Jeff's wasn't an OPW! :P Although I should shush, to quote you, really, because Jeff was such a break a leg-end, he should've been an OPW! :P



I vote for Elizabeth and Mandy for the laughs!

What does OPW stand for?


Top
 Profile  

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:56 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:36 pm
Warnings: 0
Outright Player Win - i.e. the player got the maximum amount of money available to them in the game.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:13 pm
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Warnings: 0
Don'tworry, I wondered what OPW was when I first saw it! It means outright player win, i.e. where the player deals at the biggestamount of money and beats the banker.


Top
 Profile  

wakey1512

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:57 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Grimsby
Warnings: 0
h2005 wrote:
Oh, poo, wasn't hers? I thought it was...


No... she had £75k in her box. She pooed it big time. I know Barbara also pooed it big time by swapping, but it was only the swap that prevented her from having a six figure sum. Donna on the other hand dealt. So it easily has to be Barbara (Di was a close contender, but I never actually saw her game.)

_________________
Image
Image
Wakey1512 - Resident no dealer, major box 4 and £100,000 fan.
My dislike club: The number 3


Top
 Profile  

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:04 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:13 pm
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Warnings: 0
Why is no-one else going for Jeff or Harry? :cry: I haven't voted for them yet, because I can't decide which one! Somebody please help!

Jeff: Great catchphrase, giant amount won, and a fairly funny game.
Harry: Great catchphrase, good amount won, beat the banker and a funny game too.

Who wins between Jeff and Harry?

In terms of money won: Jeff
In terms of beating the banker: Harry
Most amusing game: Harry (with Jeff a close second)
Most amusing catchphrase: Both!

:shock:


Top
 Profile  

never_wrong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:22 pm    Author: never_wrong    Post subject:

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:15 am
Warnings: 0
I'm going to vote for Jeff although it was close between his game and Diana's. And David W's. And Harry's. And Rhona's. Ok, so it was closer than I thought.


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show of the Month pollsAll times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ap, Bo and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Deal Or No Deal

[ View who is online ]

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Copyright ©2023 dond.co.uk All rights reserved

www.dond.co.uk is not responsible for the content posted by private individuals on this website. The views expressed herein are solely the opinions of the individuals that produced them and not necessarily the views of the owner, or of the admins, or of the moderators of this website.


Admin Zone Directory